1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First Service (T-Jet)some major Parts changed

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Ajay555, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Ajay555

Ajay555 Timido

Delhi
    Linea T-Jet
    I bought T-jet 6 months back. Was quite satisfied with it. A month ago my horn stopped working. I thought it to be a minor problem, and I felt it will be o.k to wait for the first service to get it repaired. Then I was away for a week during the monsoon. When I came back I noticed vibration on the steering while braking. So finally I went to the FASS at Okhla for the first service. They changed both of my front disc brake as they said that even after cleaning the disc brakes vibration are being felt on the steering. Then they asked me to come some other day for getting the horn repaired as the component "Combination switch" was not available. I went there after a week and they changed the combination switch as well.
    Since the car is under warranty they did not charge me anything although the bill was around 32 thousand. However, I am wondering what if the car was not under warranty. Or is it possible that the FASS people are taking us for a ride. The old wagon R that I had, asked for the disc brake replacement after 30 thousand KM.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    This can be one-off kind of situation. So dont worry, be happy that unlike other manufacturer ASS, they didnt charge anything, and replaced everything that was required without any fuss.

In fact, if they would have been interested in taking you for a ride, they wouldnt have replaced it in the first place, or would have charged you some money. So try being not skeptical(something majority FIATians are when they buy their first FIAT) and enjoy the drive.

Fellow T-JET owners can confirm if the above mentioned issues were faced by them. @mangeshtendulkar @prabhjot
  3. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @Ajay555 Rightly said by @Turbothinghy the issues you faced with T-Jet are one-off case. Unfortunate to get one in new car but on brighter side, you got the faulty parts replaced under warranty. Although i did not face this issue in my 2014 T-Jet however had faced some niggles like USB stopping on press of horn, Khat-khat sound from front right wheel while making a complete turn & Coolant leak. All of these were faced in first 6 months of ownership and were nicely sorted out by FASS. However after that no niggles or issues faced (touchwood), so my take is that for a new car, first 6-8 months are critical wherein one might face some issues which once sorted will make the car OK. So you have found issues with car and have got them sorted out so now relax and enjoy the beast.
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  4. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Don't worry Ajay. The issues you faced with T-Jet are one-off case. I never had any such problem in my car. There is no way they can take you for ride at during warranty period. All replaced parts will be sent to factory. This being almost new vehicle, parts would be examined by factory people and corrective actions would be taken at their end. So there is no point of even thinking FASS people taking FIAT for ride. :)

As long as issue is resolved you should be happy. T-Jet parts definitely feels costly but their life is also high. So relax and fly safely.
  5. Ajay555

Ajay555 Timido

Delhi
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes I was a bit skeptical but FASS people did sorted out the problem, hope everything will be fine now.