1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First service due_only did 3900kms_shall I go for the service?

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by vineetsrivastava, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Hi Fiatians..

I am due to the first service..for my Fiat Grande Punto Emotion 1.2 (as I will be completing one year with my baby on 13th Oct. 2011).
    I just did 3900 kms till yet...
    Shall I go for the first service.. as it will be for the first time they will change engine oil and air filters etc.
    Or shall I wait to complete about 8000kms before going for the first service.
    Please provide your valuable suggestions. </SPAN>

Kind regards,
    Vineet Srivastava
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pls go ahead with the service, as most of the oils and filters are almost an year old and need a refreshment break

Harmony & chaos
  3. Rizzou

Hey Vineet,

You can wait for some time like atleast you complete good enough KMS go you have the Engine tuned, as you have hardly driven the car, you also can get the service done but IMO i would say wait and DUDE burn some fuel... revvv your car, complete some good KMS.

Drive Safe...
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Definitely get it fully serviced as per the yearly service checkpoints.

The age of the consumable items is also a major factor to replace them. And one year is as old as they should be, since oil etc starts degrading.

5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Vineet, you have to get the car serviced as per schedule to keep it under warranty more than anything else. :)

Other than that, various fluids are already due for replacement as recommended. 1 year is quite a period of duty and it's time that they are retired to make way for fresh recruitment.
  6. ohh.. Thanks everyone.. I will surely go for the due service.. :)
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Your cars warrenty is tied to service at specific kms/durations. Never skip them.
  8. Sure Srini.. thanks.. I will go for it :)
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

First service is to de done at 5000km or 3 months whichever is earlier.
    Second Service is to be done at 15000km or 1 year whichever is earlier
    Third Service is to be done at 30000km or 2 year whichever is earlier

Have you done the first service which is actaully just a general check up done at 3 months, if not you have already lapsed your warranty.
    I hope it was a typo from your side and you wanted to mention Second Free Service.
  10. @Vijay- actually its second... but technically its 1st as in the scheduled 1st service they only check the fluid levels and just give a wash... :) thanks..
    btw.. what should i expect as in bills for 1.2 emotion's (after 1 year) free service..
    i have seen one guy (when i was there for my 3 months free check-up).. was billed about 5900/- as his first (after 1 year) free service// (for 1.3 Em Pk)