1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First Naturally Aspirated GP 1.2 Remapping by Wolfmoto

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by nrags, Mar 16, 2017.

1. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

If its in the range of 15k-20k, then I'm also interested to re-map my Punto 1.4 Dynamic (2010 model that came without ABS). Earlier I had plans to upgrade to T-Jet 125s, but because of FCA's "fiat related plans" and my some other commitments, I'm planing to keep my Punto for another 2-3 years.

Please let me know if you face any other issue. If not in another month or 2, I'l try for remap.

2. nrags

nrags Timido

bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi,

I already mentioned the cost as 15K in my previous posts. Please check for TOT and viezu and Wolfmoto as your remap option s.
    As one of our members suggest that he has mapped his 1.4 car with TOT or viezu please check with him as urs is also ..

3. nrags

nrags Timido

bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi All,

This is the review of my remapped car after almost 2.5 weeks of testing it.

The performance of the car increased drastically in all the gears.
    Before the remap the lazy 1.2 fire engine could not pull anything below 2000-2500 rpm. Now the car pulls easily as early as 1000 rpm. Whenever the car passes the speed bump I had to shift to first gear. Now the car easily pulls in 3rd gear with some effort and very easily in 2nd gear. Before remap the car was not revving beyond 3K rpm. Now its just easily revs till 4500rpm in 4th and 5th gears.

Now I think of changing my current JK tires 165/80 R14 to 185/70 R14. Friends here can help me out which brand is the best. Because I think the current size tires cannot handle the remapped power.

Overall I am very happy with my remapped car. If any body wants to remap their 1.2 GP car I recommend they can surely give it a try before purchasing the more powerful car.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  4. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

I always wanted to ask if it was possible to remap GP 1.2, and here's the answer.
    Does it effect the mileage and does it have after effects on engine of any sort w.r.t. It's lifetime or anything such?

5. nrags

nrags Timido

bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yes the mileage improved by 1.5kmpl. The engine noise is increased a bit though, may be because of better combustion or change in ignition timing. I believe that once you remap it stays until you ask someone to map it to the stock. Dont know about the emissions after the remap but I believe that is should not affect as it is giving better mileage. better combustion better mileage.i don't think that it will have any detrimental effect on the engine. Regular service once in a year and compulsory oil change should negate any ill effects of remapping. But I believe that stock 165/80 can't handle the surge of power. so it's better to go for 185/70 as its already mentioned in the forum thats the best size for 1.2 car to upgrade.Good air filter and oil filter and spark plugs wil further enhance the performance of the car.Hope this satisfies your query.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    pra.agar likes this.
  6. RaviInTfi

RaviInTfi Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    In think it's fine. The 165/80r14 is also on the 75bhp multijet as well and it can handle the increased torque and power. Still it's good to have wider tyres for comfort and road grip. Having 14" alloys will also result in better handling.

Now I am thinking whether I should get remapping done for my Punto 1.4....

7. nrags

nrags Timido

bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Ravi,

I can suggest you to go blindly for remap of your Punto 1.4 with Wolfmoto. You can feel your car dynamics will change tremendously. I have already change my stock tires from 165/80 r14 to 185/70r14. Falken sincera s845 are the new shoes. Brought it for Rs16k including WA and WB.

8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is it switchable maps for NA engines

Sent using Tapatalk

9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thats the best gift you can give to your 1.4 IMO. Even in stock form I love the 1.4, 3k RPMs onwards but the remap would further enhance that aspect by giving you slightly more power at lower revvs as well. Also the gearbox and other mechanicals shouldnt not have problem as the power/torque increase wouldnt be as much as it is in the turbo-d engines.

10. Scorpion wins

Scorpion wins Timido

Earth
    Avventura Abarth
    The Scorpion alloys is priced at Rs.60,000 for 4, i like those rims and wanted them bad on the Linea, then later i booked the urbancross powered by abarth which also has 17 Hp more than linea, i was like, lets just take this, both r priced equally at 11,66,000 on road
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2017 ---
    Which city is wolfmoto based in??? Petes tuning garages r charging an obscene amount of money, not worth it
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2017 ---
    http://tyrestore.in/upsizing.htm . Yo u should use this link to check for tire size upgrade, difference should bot be more than 2%

Last edited: May 24, 2017