1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First Month with My TJET+

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by acechip, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Dear all my name is Ahmed and I am from Egypt btw.
    a got my t-jet from 2009 and done more than 50k km till today without any problems ;)
    shifting at very low rpm's as you say will make the catalytic converter blocked with exhaust particles.
    you must rev it a little as for average driving shift when you hit 2200 rpm or 2500
    and if you are running or racing you can shift at 5500 as i do without any problems (but don't make it a habit :irked )
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Welcome to TFI Ahmed. Do share your ownerships of Linea in a separate thread.
  3. thx kaps
    and I will make a separate thread in few days about the car and my mods i had done in it till now.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

Just got First Free servicing of the Tuscan Jet Plus done (@4950km)..total cost 0 Rs, plus some 3M interior treatment for 950. (which I asked for).

I was informed that the engine oil should be good for up to 15K km, after which it should be replaced. I hear from members that it is good to change the engine oil earlier than that so that the turbo is kept happy. All in all, the car was quite ship shape and ready on time.

But its Pandit Auto, so there has to be some w-t-i-s-t in the tale, right? Upon printing my invoice, my name and address showed up as an Andhra lady from Vizag !!!:confused:

Mustering as much patience as possible, I "gently" enquired as to how this mishap could have occurred, since i purchased the car from their very own showroom ? The SA also coolly said that there must have been some mistake in entering the data in their service system.

Anyway, it was corrected but took 30 minutes extra..totally unnecessary from my perspective, and not even a cup of tea offered in the afternoon! Just a token apology.

Back to the Linea, post-service, I got a feeling that the 3rd and 4th gear performance is improved slightly..dunno, maybe they tweaked somethin'' here and there or just cleaned the air filters etc...
  5. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    TASS fellows cleaned my air filter during 5000 Kms. service.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

Crossed 10K Kms

Just crossed the first milestone (10k kms) :dancing of fuss free driving on the JetPlus. And its been a real cool drive.

Recent Mumbai-Pune Eway run was in a word, fascinating, with 4 adults, a boot full of "flight luggage" and stroller too...tried not to exceed 100-110 kph..with the baby on board..got an FE of 15.6km overall.

My average FE for the past 1500km has been 12.1, which is quite satisfactory considering I have to drive to "Hell-je-wadi" (Punekars would understand) daily.

Gripes? Not many..However, I felt recently that there was an issue with the steering , which felt too light..almost like a Dzire..so I did a WB and alignment..that has restored the good feeling back..

I have a question though..would it be a good time to do the first Oil change ? Service folks are talking about 15000km..but I dont want to wait that long.The 2nd servicing (1yr) is due in December.
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Go for an oil change without thinking twice. 10k is a lot of distance to run without an oil change in our road conditions.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Just got my 2nd service done on the Jet (with all the requisite changes like oil, fuel and air filter etc) And she's smoother than ever before. (Sometimes I wonder if the engine's running at all at the lights). I am eager to take her out on a long trip now..and besides, I have got her a cute lil companion for day-2-day office trips..yep, the Nano Sp Ed.
    1 person likes this.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

Its been a long time since I updated my ownership thread . Have been using the Jet sparingly now, since I got my other baby (Nano) to do most of the city duties. I crossed 14K km, 2nd servicing done at 11K . Went to Alibaug the other day with the Jet. A couple of observations, one slightly more disconcerting:
    1) The AC noise seems to be coming up slightly higher, emanating from the left side of the dashboard, above the left mirror side ac vent. To begin its fine, but then the slight hum/whir (whatever) comes up after some time. I usually maintain around 26Deg with Outside indicated at 39-40. Is this normal ? Or do I need to check the AC.
    2) On atleast 3-4 occasions, on my trip, especially while climbing, I experienced an odd slack in the acceleration, as if the turbo was reluctant to fire up, managed to shift to lower gears to counter this and revv her up..But the slightly jarring thing was that there was this odd vibratiing sound coming from the engine (?) , as if the engine were protesting. Once on level road on the Lonavla Pune section of the E Way, the Jet got her horses back in order. But I kept her a bit relaxed, so as not to excerbate the issue.
    Of course, it didnt quite help that it was a hot (42deg) dusty afternoon during much of the journey.
    Do I need to check with Fiat Service center ?
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Lack of power could be due to these - turbo hose pipe loose fitting, leak or hole or brittleness of the hose pipe..

but, its better to get it diagnosed by Fiat SC so that nothing is left for a chance.

with regards to AC, might be due to higher outside temp, the compressor was struggling?