1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First long drive on my Punto

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by simbio, Dec 12, 2012.

1. simbio

simbio Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto-1.jpg Punto-2.jpg Punto-3.jpg

Drove my Punto 1.3 MJD from Ahmedabad to Somnath (Veraval) on 8th Dec. Covered a distance of approx 900 kms ( both ways). Left home at 8.30 am and reached at 2.30 pm (drove non stop for six hours). The road from Ahmedabad to Jetpur is four lane and very smooth and drove at peak speed of 120 kmph. But from Jetpur to Veraval is two lane (without divider) and extremely potholed. However could manage to drive at 90kmph, courtsey the solid suspension of the Punto. I could see vernas slowing down due to road condition. The acceleration from 60-100 kmph is within seconds and makes overtaking very comfortable. Even after a six hour drive, i did not feel too tired.
    6 people like this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    GJ roads were not much seen in forums. Thanks for sharing the thread. Hoe to see more pictures of GJ.
    waiting for rest of the travelogue.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ simbio, Congrats for your Punto and first long drive in it. Its a known fact that Fiat cars just relishes highway drives. Yes thats the beauty of Punto, even after long hours of driving, it won strain the driver.

A suggestion: Noticed that your left OVRM is closed! Do use it for safer ride. Be it a highway or city traffic; using both OVRMs is a good practice. Happy & safe motoring :steering
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats. Do share more pictures with some report.

Which means GJ have less Fiats because Italians are not welcome there? ;)
  5. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Bangalore
    Congrats on Your first long drive!
    I have just one suggestion, hope you wouldn't mind... Please take adequate breaks. FIAT's can run non-stop but body needs some rest. I prefer to take breaks after about 3 hrs. of driving and also drink lots of water/juice, it forces you to stop :)
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Please dont close the ORVMs and drive anytime.. Its there for a reason and the reason is Safety ... Its very easy to overlook the traffic in the blind spots and even with ORVMs open the traffic can skip your eye and with them being closed one can only imagine the damage it can cause...
    Please drive with both ORVMs out
    3 people like this.
  7. simbio

simbio Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks, completely agree with you, it was not intentional though. The guy who cleans my car has the habit of folding the OVRMs in.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes i did take a couple of breaks on my return trip and thats how i could click some pics. As i was driving alone, thought of reaching the destination as early as possible. But i agree with your point on taking breaks.
    1 person likes this.