1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First issue

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by kiranrv, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    Today suddenly a weird sound came from engine compartment..

Stopped the vehicle and this is what happened as far as I know I don't had any underchasis hit or accident or too many pot holes while driving

3u2upuzu.jpg

da2ygura.jpg

va6ajyvu.jpg

hunu9y3a.jpg

Called Ramkay guys and they sent the technicians and changed the holder and took vehicle for inspection
  2. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I am sorry about the problem in such a short run. Could you please explain what is this part and how it came off? I mean was it a loose bolts? Did the part broke off?
  4. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    All three bolts which hold the engine on the right side are broken... The one on the left side are intact...

Because of this the engine on right side went down and the AC pipe was almost cut they said they will change under warranty

But I wanted to know why it happened
  5. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    Should visit the workshop tomorrow to know the reason
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is outright weird and extremely strange. I am really curious to know what the diagnosis is. Foundation bolts are not supposed to act up like this.

Is your car a 1.2 Active? Seems so from the bolt layout and design.
  7. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    Yes amogh it is 1.2 dynamic. Not even 5 months old and it is just about to hit 10k

Luckily It had not happened on Wednesday i am supposed to go for a friends wedding covering 1300 kms in 2 days
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    This is really bad. Please request them to do a double check on all other parts before you take back the car, so that no hassle later just in case.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Engine bolts shearing off is totally unheard. Strange that all the bolts had been sheared off. I guess they must have been over tightened (beyond the usual torque levels) and broke off when the car went over the bump/pothole at high speed. One must have broken to start the rest failures. Rusting doesnt seem to cause as see by the bolt pic.

Amusing to see the OK certificate on the engine. Is this issue a variant specific??
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is an one off case. Cannot and should not generalise. I won't even call this an issue. It is a solitary incident.

Over tightening is a probable cause. Let's see what the diagnosis is. The OK sticker is probably for something else.
    ghodlur likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.