1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First international Fiat meet in Mumbai

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by drifter, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This space was highlighted to me by fastlove and VP and some of the techical stuff exchanged between
    us at the TFI -Fiat pitstop after leaving the Fiat plant enroute Mumbai
    surely is got me occupied and interested. But 1.2 Stock @ all times would have been tad more peppy on the 2nd & 3rd
    on the Gearstick, irrespective!

I still dont dont complain
    I Love IT STOCK!

Cheers
    TND
  2. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Hold your horses on the re-map. I will bring an AIR (Air intake Revision) with me for your car. Let me show it to you first. It will be better than a re-map on your engine for less money. The re-map should be done after all other modifications are done.

When I am in Mumbai and meet all you guys I want to tell you all about the tuning, which other tuners might hide from you.
  3. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Lol

Ratan is a man to my liking. We will have some fun when I have my wheels with me. :mrgreen:
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Good to see that the day of the meet is changed. With the meet happening on 25th, Saturday, I'll be able to make it.
  5. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Torquey_Ind - be rest assured - once we have worked on your car you will never say "I Love it STOCK". The 1.2 fire engine has lot of capabilities and the current stock version can be improved beyond imagination.

Ratanshivi - kindly hold on to your re-map until you have tested the AIR and then you can decide on the remap. Also we will be able to help you with the remap if required.

As for the member who have confirmed for the meet

Drifter
    Kailashnj
    FastLove
    Ratanshivi
    VahanPujari
    Viny
    Grandeur

To be confirmed for the meet
    mescotc
    Amogh
    Andy
    donzil_pinto
    nk4Fia
    Umesh
    Naveen (vroom)
    nmp
    tom
    Kaustubh_vaze

Guys kindly confirm at the earliest and grace us with your presence, also confirmation will help us sort of the logistics for the meet.

Regards,
    Kailash
  6. Well Pal,
    Technically i do know theres always something more that can be tweaked on an engine come what may ,
    but the chances are its either at the cost of FE / Mileage or Performance !
    Fiat says its 68 ps on 1.2 mill overall i think i would personally fancy & love to witness if the same Block can
    churnout 75ps and not causing any potential difference on the engine shell life.

Be rest assured it be really intersting to play witness here, on the hindside
    25th date is tentative as i plan to come along with 2 of my pals but have to check on them as they
    christmas plannings with their families.

TND
  7. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Added my name in "to be confirmed"

Drifter
    Kailashnj
    FastLove
    Ratanshivi
    VahanPujari
    Viny
    Grandeur

To be confirmed for the meet
    mescotc
    Amogh
    Andy
    donzil_pinto
    nk4Fia
    Umesh
    Naveen (vroom)
    nmp
    tom
    Kaustubh_vaze
    neoonwheels
  8. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    when tuning the engine professionally you will not have a higher fuel consumption. I am working with the FIREs for many years and jhave had no life issues with it any other problems. The block you have has been used for endurance racing chuirning out after the bore out and restrocking it to the T-Jet to 360bhp. The six hour race is equivalent to about 1.2 lakh km.

The engine can take a lot of beating. None of my many modifications ever had problems. with damage.

I have invited a lot of people to prove me wrong and I still wait for someone coming with any of my stuff to tell me the did it.

This is one of the resons why we organise the meet that people can get from the horses mouth the information what needs doing to have no adverse effects. I hope to see you there.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @drifter: The engine might take that beating, but transmission system is not built to handle 360bhp even for tjet that comes to india, the transmission can handle at max to 240 - 260bhp. The thumb rule that FIAT follows during building transmission system is that is should be able to handle upto 2X the size of engine power delivered in stock condition. The input and output shafts built for 90bhp cars by FIAT India can handle upto 180bhp, if it handles more than that, then its ram bharose system.
  10. Heck i am not a Pro niether i am an IDOT!
    Anyways +1 to you ,
    I would still sideline something superficial while simultaneously tag it R&D rated phenomenon

If you know what i mean ::T
    Cheers
    TND
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.