1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First international Fiat meet in Mumbai

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by drifter, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Possible dyno and technical meet in December in Mumbai

I am planning to visit Mumbai between the 17th of December and the 1st of January.

If interest is big enough I will set up a technical meet for the Fiat community (but others can come along too) where you can discuss all sorts of performance tuning issues and other tech ical issues regarding your cars.

Also if interest is there we can demonstrate some of the solutions at the KSM dyno.

I hope this sounds interesting.
  2. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Re: Possible dyno and technical meet in December in Mumbai

Hi,

Please Buzz Me and Let me know whn you come in cuz I am really fed up wth the Slag in Pick up! I am so frustrated I am considering the fact of selling My Punto!!

I am also going to try Changing the Air Filter and check!!
  3. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

Hi Ratan,

The Punto 1.2 is not the fastest car in the world, but it can be made fast. Changing airfilter is not the solution. The 1.2 needs an AIR. I will bring some with me, which I have designed and really help a great deal.

I am going to put up a few threads in the next few days of how to tune the Fiat engines while maintaining good fuel consumption.
  4. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur

First of all Red Carpet Welcome to U !!! , Its glad to hear abt possibility making a gr8 car (punto) quicker ! . Got a Med. Grey 1.3MJD Epk last week . Is it possible to quicken 1.3MJD in 1st and 2nd gear without affecting engine health , life , FE ? If thats possible I am sure u would have a good responce in India. And I would be one of ur potential customer.--- BTW Is there any reason why cant fiat can't tune the engine which U can do it ? OR is it that fiat feels its unnecessary ! Let us know time and venue of meet in Mumbai in adv. --- ATUL
  5. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

Hello Atul,

The 1.3 is a nice little unit, which can take more beating than many other engines. To make it quicker through the gears is possible without sacrificing life span or making the engine unhealthy. Of course, it has to be done professionaly.

Why does Fait not make it more powerful. Fiat can make it more powerful and they have more powerful variants. The least powerful version you will find in the basic Fiat Panda, which is not sold in India boasting 70bhp and a bit over 14oNm of torque. The other units have got a power output of 75, 76 90, 95 and 105 bhp. The latter one is fitted to the3 Lancia Musa. Fiat has got a 120bhp version on the shelf. A tuner in Germany has done a fully homologated version of 160bhp. We know that the block can take more.

Thy is Fiat not going to the extremes we go? The answer is quite simple. The car is sold in many countries, where it has to fulfill a variety of emission laws, which are not in line with each other making the designs rather complicated, like all universal applications.

Otherwise tax brackets, insurance requirements, fuel differences, user attitude, driving styles, user application, fuel consumption requirements, noise regulations and ambient conditions have to be catered for. Of course it can be sorted, but not at a price tag the dealer would have.

KI am for many years in the business and my aim is to develop packagers that work and won't break the bank and won't turn your home minister into your biggest nightmare. I have some reputation to defend and will not provide any solution that does not work. By having a work ethics that guarantees a product that does what it says on the tin as well as not affecting the engine/car adversly I do not need to worry about my pension. So it is in my own interest to provide quality. And for the records, my enemies could not fault me yet. :mrgreen:

Anyway, enough of my waffling. I am here to answer your questions and help you to get more power and more fun out of your cars. I am happily giving free advise and you don't need to worry that I want to get you through my door. I have no problem with recommending good tuners but I ruthlessly slaughter competitors that are taking the market for a ride.
  6. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur

Thx for ur prompt and satisfying reply. Looking fwd to meet u in Mumbai ! (with further Q's) --- Atul
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

@drifter : I don't know about others but I am definitely looking forward to meeting you when you are in India.

if you would have landed a couple of weeks earlier : you could have joined us for the Fiat factory visit :)
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

:steering I M ALL EARS .... :clapping :wow
  9. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

I would love to come for the factory visit, but I have not enough time available to make it before mid December. Some people require my services in Europe and Africa too.

But I look forward to meet everyone and in the near future I hope to spend a lot more time with you guys. By then I hope we also have the other plans put into place, which will be great news for the performance tuning scene.

@ Dilip_dmk - Give me a few more days. We are in process of getting a new chassis dyno installed within the next couple of weeks. We then will make some new power graphs, which we will put up. The existing graphs had some inaccurate overlays of before and after graphs, which I do not want to display on the forum.

But I will start the threads before that anyway. All I can say is that you will be amazed what is in the 1.2 FIRE engine.
  10. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    well, I think it is about time to do so.

Torque 7 is holding the first International Fiat meet in December the 24th. (provisional) All Fiat owners are invited and of course we want to see Fiat enthusiasts that have not yet their Fiat. We even are friendly with gate crashers owning other makes.

Lets make this an event to remember, which will be the start for many to come.

More details to come soon. Watch this space.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.