1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First impressions - 2weeks of ownership

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by kb10, Mar 9, 2013.

1. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Hi All,
    Iam posting my first impressions after owning the car for 2 weeks now. Iam still learning to drive and hence could not enjoy the pleasure to a greater extent.I have bought 1.2 dynamic petrol Punto. I will post a detailed review soon.
    But putting up my impressions and queries so far :
    - The car is absolutely stunning in looks and build.I could feel the same while entering and exiting and also driving.
    - As I said Iam learning to drive and could not take it out much.But still whatever I could drive,I felt that steering was absolutely awesome,I had no problems in making U turns,the car felt heavy and grounded. Iam telling this based on comparison with Santro with the driving school.
    - Total 190 kms covered ( out of which mine was 60kms and rest was already there as the car was driven from the factory to yard and showroom)

Some problems :
    - Being the fresh 2013 model,pathetic glove box fittings. Infact it open automatically on bad roads.I need to contact the SA and give some bashing.I felt some doubt during PDI and had asked top get that checked.will they replace the glove box lid?
    - Iam still awaiting to be contacted by the SA for remaining accessories( door sil plate) & extended warrenty.Although I get periodic calls for coating or feedback.maybe its just with every dealer
    1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Congrats on your new car. Do post the pics and some review threads.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats on having the Great Mighty Machine with you, It will bow down and take all the commands of the Driver and will never let you down..
    As said rightly You feel like driving a Saloon Car once you take her out.

As per the Xtra items that has been promised by the dealer get to the hook and have it at the earliest, and give valid point and explanation for the Feedback might be the next Fiat owner will have no hassle with the dealer.:p

We are waiting to have a glimpse of the Grande.:cool:

Enzoi Puntoing
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  4. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

Hi,, v both r ditto same :) I was also new to driving when i took my punto 1.2 dynamic, i got it delivered on Feb 4th almost a month now :) and covered 1000 kms yesterday :)
    even i faced same issue, i did my own pdi and told the SA even before delivery, they wont replace it, but just correct the latch. it works fine for me .

this is one pathetic part, until v get car, we will get all sort of follow ups, after delivery we are on our own :(
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Too bad that FIAT itself isnt doing good quality testing b4 it even reaches dealer. And yet we blame dealers here.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Your glove box has to be fixed & you have to ask the same to SA when he is calling you for the coating & feedback.
    Getting extra accessories is a big task so just lodge your request for the extra accessary then wait for some time. If you are lucky then you will get it instantly if they have the accessory with them.