1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIRST CNG LINEA IN DELHI,hell in india (CNG'ed MY LINEA) !!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by anish_707, May 18, 2011.

1. hi guys,

i also fitted conventional CNG in my punto 1.2 couple of days back for cost of 32k. i have already driven 37k on petrol. post fitting and fine tuning the setting, i went to mum-pune expressway and drove appx 120 km for a cost of 160. :)
    drove again on next day to lonavala - clocked 160 km for 250 rs. CNG really saves alot.

pro are ofcourse saving on fuel. pickup is almost same but efficiency of AC has increased.
    con are boot space is gone entirely - i wil post some pics of it. also i need to push accelerator bit more compared to petrol. so my RPM stays high.

still i need to use car in city - shall post more updates soon.

'PINTU' - 1.2 (37k+)
  2. hersh_s

Boot space is gone entirely..the cylinder has been fixed in the place of the extra tyre...will post pics soon
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi ,

Recently I have also converted my PUNTO 1.2 into CNG .

Kit - Lovato Sequential Gas Injection Kit . 14 kg Cylinder ...
    Dealer - AutoGas , Gurgaon .
    Cost - Rs.54,000/- [without RC Endorsement]

Boot Space gone . NO losss in performance . Neat installation .
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pics pics pics dmk

Harmony & Choas
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    so now the number of cng users are growing. amit and dilip post pics of the installed kit and also some detailed driving experience.
  6. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Hi Amit, i think your running cost is less or equivalent to the toll tax you paid on the mum-pune expressway & vashi tolls (both ways). CNG conversion looks like a mature option in this inflationary times.
  7. Pics...

100_0676.jpg 100_0677.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

That's a BIG tank. Looks like a nuke. :p

What's the total capacity and the approximate km's the car can travel on a full tank?
  9. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

OMG!! That tank has eaten up the whole boot!! Now, I'll think twice before converting my 1.2 to CNG. I use my car only once in a week or couple of weeks and that too only for long drives. For long drives I need boot space, can't afford to lose entire boot space for CNG.

BTW...how to pull the spare tyre in case of a puncture?
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

10. :) i also had the same feeling for first time

the capacity is 14kg. i got 160 km on expressway with 7.5kg so appx 300 km on national highways. but in city, i think it shd be 200-225 km.