1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIRST CNG LINEA IN DELHI,hell in india (CNG'ed MY LINEA) !!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by anish_707, May 18, 2011.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    What is the procedure for the RC work related to CNG
  2. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    For the RC endorsement , just tell d installer to prepare all the docs for u , then u go to the rto office wer ur car ws registered , present the docs , some inspection would b done . If approved u end up paying some Rs. 650/- and u get the RC back by 15 days . This the longer method . The shortcut is , the installers have some agents present at RTO offices and would get evrything cleard even without an inspection . But u end up paying Rs.4000-3000 . Hassle free .

But in ur case u may have to get the car registered at Delhi . Just visit ur nearest RTO office . U would b suprised by the generous attitude of the ppl out there ; totally defying the general conception !!!! U would get soln. for evrything .

Would talk to u in detail nxt week .

Have u locked up on any installer ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I am worried on the Pro's and Con's of CNG and not able to decide which side is heavier, the pro's or the con's
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Shashank,

You will get significant short term savings.

The adverse effects will manifest (depending upon how you drive the car) after about three to four years. So, it all depends upon what is your plan for the car.

Regards
    Johnny
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @shashank
    without any worries you can go ahead and get the cng fitted, the only measures u'll have to look into are regular service at every 5000kms, air filter cleaned at 2-2.5k, and you'll be good to go.
    Now i'm telling all this as we ourselves own a cng fitted car for the past 9 yrs, it has clocked 170,000 kms and its been a trouble free journey throughout, following the above mentioned schedule and a change of clutch plates and suspension overhaul, nothing else has been the expense on the car. Believe me the savings are huge and do matter alot.

@dilip
    u can try TARA DUTT automobiles at kotla, they are the best and most reputed in this business in delhi. I got cng installed in my mamu's cars this sunday only from them, and the work and attention to detail was perfect. I was charged 30k (14ltr cylinder + advancer + lamda) and hell has the car become vibration free and far more smoother
  6. hersh_s

hersh_s

Delhi
    FIRST CNG LINEA IN DELHI,hell in india (CNG'ed MY LINEA) !!!

Hi Anish,

Good to know about your car's conversion to cng. Im also looking for same for my punto..I couldn't figure out the place you got it installed from...great if you could provide me with contact details of the installer...

THanks again,

7. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    clutch had nothin to do with cng according to TAss .car is out of original 2yr warranty that y i was charged.
    RC endorsement was done by the installer itself, cost was included in the price.
    installer is in rohini sec 9,sandeep enterprises.
  8. hersh_s

hersh_s

Delhi
    Thanks for the information anish..Finally I got my Punto cng-ed yesterday. I have got the conventional kit installed. The car in fact feels more smooth in shifting 1st & 2nd gear. No difference in the drive whatsoever.
  9. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    @hersh_s,

Could you please provide us with some snaps, especially your boot space? Please.

-Sachin
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    hey hersh enjoy the eco drives now. post a detailed review of you car after the conversion. and also post some pics. we are also waiting for anish's pics.