1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIRST CNG LINEA IN DELHI,hell in india (CNG'ed MY LINEA) !!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by anish_707, May 18, 2011.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ^^^ the tank would surely be in the boot !!!!!
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    hhhmm so its a conventional kit. when i had inquired for the prices here the seller quoted me 60k for the sequential kit!!! may be the rates have come down now!!? how much is your cylinder capacity 12kgs or 14kgs? waiting for your complete analysis of kg filled and kms covered equation under city and on highway. can you give some details on the equipments used in the kit. i need to know why they charge 60k here when you got it for 47k. do post some pics
  3. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    14kg cylinder in boot.
    price is 45k including rc.
    rc endorsement costs around 3500 bucks..
    prices depend on the brand u are installing.i think tomestto costs 60k
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, my experince with LPG is mixed. Few years back, in 2007, I fitted LPG kits on my dads 1998 Zen and my 2002 Siena 1.6.

In the Zen , except for the tuning issues and cleaning the kit which happened once in 6 months the car is running fine. It was 45,000 on odo when the kit was fitted, now it shows 1,40,000 on odo. Finding the right person to get the tuning done is a headache, but somehow we were lucky to find an expert.

In the Siena, it showed problems from the beginning. Since LPG required lesser air compared to Petrol (as i was told) a ring shaped bush was put in the air intake. Without the bush the slow speed goes down and the engine stalls. The problem with the bush was when I wanted to overtake and I suddenly shift down the bush simply jumps off and settles on the air filter and the engine refuses to rev. Now the only way was to pull off and restart the engine.

6 months and 10000 km went by and I had a close call while overtaking when the bush jumped off and the engine refused to respond to the throttle. Safety first and decided to stop using LPG and run on petrol when I realized that the entire fun of having a 1.6 100bhp engine was hiding behind the LPG kit. Everything was butter smooth and powerful for another 2000km when the fuel injector failed. Replaced it and then came another problem with the next 3000km when the engine lost power. The SA said it is usually seen in LPG fitted Siena and Palio where the fuel valve loses its play and the right quantity of fuel is not pumped to the engine. Made some adjustments and recommended to avoid LPG in future as well for Fiat engines. It was trouble free since then.

I used my uncles Yezdi for a year which runs on both Petrol and Kerosene and it is still in running condition.

So it all depends on the technology, the more advanced Fiat cant take too much variations in the fuel type, it is built to perfection in a particular fuel, any change will ruin the engine slowly, the non mpfi zen had no complaints with the alternate fuel, and the yezdi is willing to take an altogether new and low grade fuel.

Hope I am not hijacking this thread, just wanted to share my experience.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    pran ur experience is totally different from mine. i have a lpg fitted fire uno. i converted it to lpg at 130000 kms and the odo now shows more than 2lakh kkms. so more than 70k kms on lpg and the car runs just perfect. it feels like the engine was meant to be run on lpg. as i can tune lpg myself it runs really smooth. but the modern engines can behave differently. since anish has got his car cng we will have a first hand opinion on how the linea runs on cng. keep updating us anish with the cng effects.
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I personally feel it all depends upon the skill of the person who fits the kit. Great to hear that your Uno is running good at 2lakhs on odo, Fiat engines ki jai !. Just for the record, I hired a Logan, from Easycab, which showed 3.5lacs on odo and the driver claimed that engine overhaul is yet to be done.

Anish, we all are closely watching your thread, keep posting your experince.
  7. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    sure will do
  8. Anish, Please post some pictures.
  9. Is your Uno SPFI ?
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    it is from the very first batch of uno with weber carburetor. i find a lot of magnetti marelli and alfa stuff inside the engine bay. the engine is too good. it is so silent even now and is so rev friendly.