1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIRST CNG LINEA IN DELHI,hell in india (CNG'ed MY LINEA) !!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by anish_707, May 18, 2011.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    RSinfo - dead weight is 'dead' weight , a cng cylinder will help reduce fuel bills and also the 'thud' reason too ... I mentioned about it just casually ...

Jayadev - are u sure fiat give only two year warranty fo the engine ??? Isnt the engine covered in two year extended warranty ???
    Last edited: May 19, 2011
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    warranties are as usual strange things . they are always limited to support manufacturing defects if any.
    in case of failure of engine due to adulterated fuel,tuning box , turbo damage et al will not be entertained .
    in most of the cases warranties are just cover up .
    in general we end up paying double the price of the product in the name of warranty.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    May be warranty is just a cover up. But, just think how much you would have to shell out from your pocket if you had to replace the AC and the clutch parts on your own. Warranty is for the product as supplied by the manufacturer and not for what you do on it (modifications to standard fittings).
  4. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    i am facing a strange problem after the retro fit.
    the gears have become a bit stiff now while driving,no problems when is car is turned off...its smooth like butter.
    installer said it has nothin to do withh cng fitment,rather to do with the slave cylinder.he told me to pump the clutch while putting the first gear and it helps
    what cud it be?

my car was recalled and the slave cylinder was replaced under warranty around 4-5 months back.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Just check the invoice , if the cylinder[csc] changed is a steel one or not ....
    U can confirm it from a workshop too ...
  6. dilip & anish
    wont the people at TASS complain that you are running on cng and that is the cause of this problem. they are very lazy to complete the works properly
  7. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    dats wat i also feel
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    But u can give it a try !!!!
    Just tell them to check the CSC only ... Try Elegant Motors ...

U have just lost the engine warranty !! Nothing else ... Others can clarify !!!!!!

By the way , when is ur next servicing due ????
  9. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    last service was in march...service interval is i think 1year.so next year
  10. anish
    or try talking to your installer of this cng kit and tell him to remove it and that it can be fitted after the csc issue is solved.
    first find out if you have the steel csc or not..