1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIRST CNG LINEA IN DELHI,hell in india (CNG'ed MY LINEA) !!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by anish_707, May 18, 2011.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    hi abhinav. thanks for the reply but i read it today:(. can you tell me which brand CKP u installed? any website link will also help. how much did it cost u? will be interested in installing after reading such positive reviews from you. hows the car performing now??
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Hey CNG guys any update on CNG running.Am planning second hand car for my wife.Thinking of Linea and converting it into CNG.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Update

Hi,

I have completed trouble-free 30k kms on CNG .
    I had also installed a Timing Advancer [Made in Italy; Rs.4500/- (with installation)] and Car runs even more smoother in CNG mode in comparo to the Petrol mode. Pick-up is tremendous. And icing on the cake is the cold weather and a cold air intake , which makes the car go Vroooom in the mornings !!! ;)

However, once the engine overheated and stopped. Steam blowing out from the front grills. I thought CNG maybe the culprit.:( Got the car towed to Oberio, Noida. On inspection found out that the pipe coming out from the Water reservoir for the radiator was cut / nibbled at various places. Culprit : RATS .:eek::mad: What a relief !!!

Anyways no issues so far with the CNG [touch wood] .

Happy New Year Guys !!!!! :)
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Do we have CNG stations in Bangalore? Last I read was it is going to come !

If we have I plan to use CNG on my TJet. My Car is 3 years old.

Regards
    Vasu
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Forget to mention about the only hassle [as of now] of owning a CNG car refills. One needs to wait for a long time to get the gas filled and also pressure is low at peak times and the tank may not be filled to maximum capacity. However, to avoid this I visit the station at 5 am in the mornings to avoid rush and get full pressure.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat Linea CNG Sequential with Versus(Poland) Kit - YouTube

This one kit looks like made for Linea. You do know ofcourse that Sequential is the best way to go or perhaps the only way to ensure least troubles.
  7. HI. Initially I faced some trouble with the CNG but later it was resolved by proper tuning.
    @Dilip: Which brand CKP Timing Advancer have you got installed in your car. Even I have got Timing Advancer installed and car is doing good with it!! Touch Wood!!
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
  9. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Decided to Convert by Punto 1.4 2011 model to CNG from Suraj Auto gas, Bandra. Got a lot of good reviews from other automotive forums. Will update soon
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Waiting for review as have heard RPM drop issues in CNG punto/linea.Have you installed sequential or normal kit.