1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIRST CNG LINEA IN DELHI,hell in india (CNG'ed MY LINEA) !!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by anish_707, May 18, 2011.

1. deepak.jawake

deepak.jawake

Thane
    Hi Abhinav, Thanks for advise.

I stay in Thane; if you are from Mumbai pls suggest the better installer.
  2. Hi deepak,

I am from delhi and really have got no idea about mumbai. Had you been in NCR I would have definitely helped you out !!
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    abhinav good to know you are enjoying your car with cng. now can you throw some light on what CKP is?? what it does? some pics will help. can it be installed in a conventional kit.

as suggested it is surely a case of improper installation. my car runs on conventional kit and it runs really well. it had problems for a month or so but after a couple of visits its all fine now. only problem i face is in 1st and 2nd gear when the car gives a jerk when not revved enough. otherwise no issues at all.
  4. Hi karan. I did a lot of research over the internet about the CKP before getting it installed. A CKP is a type of timing advancer which takes signal from crank position sensor of car (A typical timing advancer is bridged with Throttle position sensor, Unlike CKP). Crank position sensor sends the signal to ECU about the timing and duration of the spark. Now let us know why it is required. Well, CNG being on a higher side in terms of octane no. requires longer spark duration to burn. So a CKP simply enhances the degree of spark to 15 degrees compared to 4-5 degres in petrol. It ensures proper burning of CNG, better power n pickup, better fuel efficiency and reduces the chances of backfiring (which is more in conventional kit) resulting in blowup of Intake Manifold (replacing which will be a costly affair). I hope it clears and this info is what i understood. And for the pics i will do it on saturday. And yes it can be installed with conventional kit but i dont think it will be installed parallely with conventional timing advancer.
  5. GoDofWaR

GoDofWaR Novizio

mumbai, india
    hi all again. removed the sequential kit on my linea 1.4 emotion Pk and replaced it with open loop from VERSUS.the problem in sequential was whenver i changed from hogher to lower gear the rpm used to fall to zero and the car would come to a complete hault.this only happened when i didnt match the revs when changing from higher to lower gears.for 3 months i made numerous visits to my cng installer but even he couldnt find a solution.so i told him to put it on open loop and the car works great and gives an average of 16kmpl(70:30). anywayz got a refund of almost 20k and will use it to replace some parts on my 2nd hand linea.cheers.
  6. deepak.jawake

deepak.jawake

Thane
    Hi all. Seems i did not bought CNG kit but trouble pack. Today morning i started the car and it started showing "check engine" message with engine lights on. Engine was on and I was able to drive the car. I checked engine oil, fittings everything again which seemed fine (reason for checking fitting was on last service the air filter pipe was found not connected to engine for which the service engineer said because of air pressure it must have been thrown out, although i dint agree to it). Anyways i called up Fiat support numbers and they suggested me to ignore this message and drive the car and asked me to get the car scanned with nearest service center soon.

I called service center guy and he invited for scanning. Further he said there could be issue in injectors or sensors. For injectors basic expense of replacing 1 injector would be not less than 15 K and due to CNG fitting warranty on this item is voided. I really doubt cng kit is compatible with fiat engines or not within 3 months of installations such issues showing big impact on engine is shocking.

I am crossing my fingers; will show the car to service engineer tomorrow and update back here. If anything needs to be taken care more please advise.
  7. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Which kit are you using - Sequential / conventional ??
  8. Hi GODOFWAR. which make sequential kit u were using? Did u notice about the occurrence of this problem when headlights and other auxiliaries were switched on?
    - - - Merged Post - - -

Hi deepak. How is ur car now? What parts were replaced n how much was the expensr?
  9. GoDofWaR

GoDofWaR Novizio

mumbai, india
    sequential kit was from VERSUS (Poland).The problem used to occur regardless of headlights,AC or other auxiliaries switched on.I hate driving on CNG.The surge that comes when you floor the pedal just isnt there.The power is more linear than a linear equation.:p
  10. rishabh

rishabh

ghaziabd
    cnged my punto

i hv done conversion in july 10K already done and no problem at all
    it was sequential kit and cost me 40 K in ghaziabad.with RC endorcement :):) more than happy