1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIRST CNG LINEA IN DELHI,hell in india (CNG'ed MY LINEA) !!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by anish_707, May 18, 2011.

1. GoDofWaR

GoDofWaR Novizio

mumbai, india
    converted my 2nd hand Linea Emotion to CNG.i opted for the VERSUS kit.total cost was 54000.CNG tank : 16kg.will post consumption details in 2-3 days.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

converted my 2nd hand Linea Emotion to CNG.i opted for the VERSUS kit.total cost was 54000.CNG tank : 16kg.will post consumption details in 2-3 days.
  2. It is good way of fighting the rising petrol costs...:clap Btw how much off boot space you have left as of now after installing??:confused:

Happy driving...:rage
  3. KunalB

KunalB Timido

Mumbai
    Guys planning to switch to cng.. Has anyone installed bedini kits... would like to know how they are vs lovato or versus kits which fellow tfi members have installed... i m going for sequential kit... the installer is shrimankar in mumbai.. who claims to be the pioneer of cng in india and supplier to major auto oems.. has anyone frm mumbai.. experienced him.. need to knw quickly as i m planning to get the installation done nxt week.. Thnx for the help
  4. GoDofWaR

GoDofWaR Novizio

mumbai, india
    after installing the versus cng kit the car worked great for 3-4 days but after that the engine started vibrating in both the modes: petrol and cng.the engine started missing(mechanics jargon) and the engine sounded like a tractor.mechanic guy changed all the spark plug but the problem remained unsolved.took my car to the fiat workshop and got it checked and the SA told me that 3 injector coils were kaput.changed them for a total cost of 7000.got the car back and was running fine for 20km until the same engine problems started.went back the next day and the SA tells me after inspection that a fuel injector went kaput so he says it will cost me 11000 and said he had a spare one from pdi vehicle for 4000.bargained with him(my mom did) and got him to reduce it to 3000.after that the car runs great on petrol but as i switch on to cng the engine starts vibrating and missing.so went to the cng guy and told him to fix it.went to the cng guy the next day and he says abhi koi dikkat nahi aayegi.he says he usually refrain from cutting company wires but in this situation we had to so that we could match it and tune it properly.so i drive the car home and for 2 days there are no problems.Also theres a part where i missed the symptoms of these problems.what i mean to say is the car gives u indications that somethin is failing or problematic when driving on cng.the symptoms are the car engine turns off abruptly without a warning when in cng mode and the fuel injection system warning light turns ON after the car stops.this happened a lot before the first engine vibration problem.also after a lot of driving on cng the engine starts making a click click click click sound.i donno if thats normal.and the major problems is when i open the bonnet after a short or long drives (20-40kms approx) the engine is overheated as compared to the same drive under petrol.as of today i am facing the same symptoms and i am gonna go to the cng guy and tell him to either fix all the problems or remove the kit.even before fitting the cng kit i had asked him if there are gonna be any problems with linea and cng kit.he told me that there wont be any problems becoz its a sequential one.what should i do guys??? help needed.

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

BTW the cng kit fitters workshop is near new THANE RTO alongside the eastern express highway.the shop name is FORTUNE distributors.he's a reputed fitter because all cars in thane,mulund bhandup,vikroli area come here for fitting.now thats a huge area covered. i dont blame the fitter for the problems coz if the versus kit and linea are not some way compatible there's no point in blaming the fitter.

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

boot space left is adequate enough.its now the same size of the punto.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    The manager advised me against fitting CNG in Linea as company is not recommending at all for there multijet engines sine I was thinking of purchasing a used petrol Linea and converting it into CNG.He said the CNG goes k with Maruti/Hyundai cars.

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

The manager advised me against fitting CNG in Linea as company is not recommending at all for there multijet engines sine I was thinking of purchasing a used petrol Linea and converting it into CNG.He said the CNG goes k with Maruti/Hyundai cars.
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Recently I went to Om Sai, kandivli I met another Linea, 2010 model owner who had fitted sequential cng kit in his car.the car is just run 3500 kms on the kit with no issues.I drove his car and found negligible power loss with full AC. FE city 13 and highway 19-20 Km/kg. Great.He has lost all electrical , engine warranty and only thing left is suspension and AC.

The car total running in 2 years only 14000 Kms and he spent Rs. 52000 on the kit.On such low running i dont think he will be able to recover even the investment made on CNG .
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  7. hello everyone.. i am quite new to this forum... reached to this forum after having thoughts of getting my Punto Active CNGed ;)
    Well, i got it installed from ghaziabad and went with Lovato Sequential kit . Earlier i was confused between Lovato and LendiRenzo but finally opted for Lovato and dealer too said both kits are best in the market but spare availability and market share of Lovato is much higher so spares wont be a problem in any city which runs on CNG.
    now i am coming to the point. The installation was done beautifully and neatly. The guys who were the owner of the workshop were very understanding and knowledgeable. and it took full one day to complete the task.
    To program the ECU of my lovato kit they called the guy who was the employee of Lovato India. The way he tuned the car, i mean the procedure was too hightech ;) ... He put a clip into the socket and ran the program on his laptop and wirelessly the ECU got connected and he tuned it for idling initially. After idling tuning he asked me to drive and accompanied me with his laptop. he asked me how it feels to drive on cng and i gave him reviews that pick up is low in 2nd gear and it struggles to run when rpm is below 2K . He manipulated some values on his laptop and asked me to start again... car was quite better.... and he did 2-3 iterations for various driving situations .. car became more and more refined..... But that punch is gone below 2K rpm . FE is 15.6km/kg in heavy traffic jam condition so 20+KM/KG is expected.
    I called the lovato guy and told him about little sluggishness in low RPMs and the jerks when i take pick up from 1 gear . He told me that he will try to change the degree to 10 (i didn't understand what he was talking about) and he also said even after that pick up won't increase then "Timing Advancer" will have to be installed.... Rest the car is doing good if rpm's are kept close to 2K ... at and after 2K no one can judge whether the car is running on petrol or cng. so this is my sweet, simple and short story :)
    2 people like this.
  8. hello everybody.... I have got CKP installed on my darling GP 1.2 active yesterday. While installing a CKP the mechanic (who installed CNG) said "Sir, aapki gaadi ab aise chalegi jaise pani mein tair rahi ho". I was like "dekhte hain woh toh". Well, finally all the work was done (it took 30mins to get it installed) and the car was all set to be driven. The mechanic accompanied me and i ran my car. I Literally could not believe my senses the way my car was responding. It was like i am running on petrol (even better than petrol guys :) ) . During the test drive i looked at the control panel of cng ki kahin car petrol pe toh nahi hai :razz: .... But it was on CNG and i could not make it out by simply driving my car. Then i deliberately switched to Petrol to make a comparison and believe me guys on CNG the was more refined and powerful. I would suggest every Punto/Linea owner who has got Sequential Kit installed to go with the CKP and you will never want to switch to petrol. :redcar .... For your information CKP's are generally Indian Made and they do not have any brand. For different cars different type of CKP are there for punto 3 point/pin CKP socket comes so make sure the installer has that CKP ::T .... Drive safely guys and take care
    1 person likes this.
  9. deepak.jawake

deepak.jawake

Thane
    Hello all, I have got my car converted on Lovato CNG kit 2 months back. Installation took 2 days as initially informed by the service guy and car was delivered on date agreed. During the first drive gears were very light and smooth. shifting from petrol to CNG was very smooth (Not noticeable). Problem started when i covered 2 kms as car stopped jamming steering & breaks; i managed to restart the car. within 5 seconds after shifting to cng car shifted back on petrol showing bips on the panel. I tried to shift again on cng but same thing happened.

I called the installer he asked to bring the car back. when inspected he had doubts on spark plugs (i dunno while his first test drive before delivering the car this problem dint arise). He requested to keep car with him for day which we agreed. Next day while taking delivery he said there was no problem in spark plug but some configuration issue. I drove the car towards home which is just 3 kms away; within this span car engine stopped 3-4 times and i had to restart the car. After calling the installer he again asked try for some time and come back. after that i tried to drive car to office and back which is 25 kms away, after every 2-3 kms car use to switch off and i had to start it again. After reporting the issue he suggested to visit his other service station where he has expert in tuning the car with sequential kit.

For 2-3 days due to festival season no body was there when the expert inspected the car he redone tuning and car's switching off reduced to once or twice in 25 kms run. so i had to visit the service station again; this time he asked to keep the car with him for day and he redone the installation again. On delivery again the car was switching off on regular intervals and new issue of leakage started. Next visit he tuned the car again and closed leakage which again was a problem as when idle some gas was still leaked and was entering car cabin.

Installation & tuning activity was extend for almost a month and still issues were not closed. Driving comfort on cng is not above 70-80% comparing with petrol. pick-up drop which as promised was 2% is more than 10 % while driving slopes i need to switch off a/c else car gets switched off. comfort factor which is keeping me on cng is still the saving nothing else. During this period got the car serviced which was scheduled from authorised service station and servicing guy said for first 5-6 months car works ok then starts misbehaving.

Still in dilemma whether to be with conversion or remove it (Installer promised to return whole money if not satisfied with conversion). Please guide if i can get the installation & kit verified somewhere and regain some confidence on CNG conversion.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  10. It is a clear case of improper installation. If possible try to get the installation by a good installer in your city even if u have to pay for it. Lovato is 100% compatible with fiat engines. Even i am using lovato sequential kit in my punto (1.2) and till now it is trouble free (done around 2000kms), even dilip has also lovato sequential kit in his punto and trouble free.