1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIRST CNG LINEA IN DELHI,hell in india (CNG'ed MY LINEA) !!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by anish_707, May 18, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    @karan: ECU may be getting time to get adjusted in petrol mode. How the conversion has done. Does it include all the sensors for fuel mixing in CNG mode.
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    this problem is due to the change in timing. cng being a high octane gas runs better on higher timing settings whereas the change in timing does not work for petrol. once he had done some oxygen sensor setting with his laptop but that only lasted some 200kms. it started perfectly and even ran on petrol perfectly then. regarding the sensors all he has used is timing advancer, lambda control, and multi point injection boxes, nothing else.
    regarding my starting problem he now says only sequential kit can solve the problem. so may be another 25k to spend over the normal kit. have not yet decided to go for it.
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I am having no sort off troubles ...

Even there is no remarkable change in Engine oil color after the conversion.
    Though consumption of coolant has increased a lil bit.

Have done 15k kms on CNG !!!
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    dilip engine oil colour will not be affected at all as cng is much cleaner fuel than petrol. cng is lead free and carbon free and it cannot be adulterated. in fact petrol will soil the oil faster than cng. no drop in coolant cos of cng only a small leakage in a pipe which i found but occurs once in 10 times so leaving it as it is for now. do you have seq or conv kit?
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Sequential Kit

6. Hi,

I converted my car when she was run 37K. Now its almost 54K but I have never faced this issue. My last servicing was done at 40K.

Am taking my car for servicing this saturday. Shall update you exact status of oil etc post that.
  7. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    Add another Linea 1.4 Fire running on CNG now. 3 weeks back i installed the lovato cng sequential injection kit. It costed me Rs.60K with RTO Registration. I recently did my Shirdi Trip, it gave me an avg of 19/-per kilo of cng with full a/c on. No noticeable difference in pick up or gear transmission, quite happy with all the savings.
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    hi rajesh please share your experience on cng. how many kms ur car has run before the conversion? any issues? errors?
  9. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Karan, my Linea has so far covered 9000 kms & is just under 1 year old. As i plan to keep my car for another 5-6 years minimum, i went ahead with the conversion. So far have done 1000kms on cng without any issues. Cheers..!!!
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    sequential kits have separate ECU like the one Maruti is using in there cars.So no probs with that thus better driving comfort in both fuels.You dont have to rest the ECU again and again now,

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

Valves and Piston takes long time to degrade after on CNG.There is no set pattern and opinions are various.I also own Santro Xing with CNG kit fixed at 50000 kms and the car had completed 100000 Kms i,e, 50000 kms run on CNG and no probs with the valves/engine. U have to make it a point that u run ur car in morning for 2 kms on petrol.

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

It depends on the tuning of the CNG car.It makes a huge difference in pick up if the car running on CNG is tuned properly and regularly.Take it to a professional who has experience and regularly change the air filter say after 6000 Kms.

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

Hi dmayank, what is the current status of ur Linea. Kindly update please.
    1 person likes this.