1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIRST CNG LINEA IN DELHI,hell in india (CNG'ed MY LINEA) !!!

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by anish_707, May 18, 2011.

1. anish_707

man o man it was the biggest gamble i ever did.
    after a lot of research and enquiries,on monday i took the car to the shop.

first i was confused between sequential and conventinal kit,but settled for the former.
    even considered selling the car and buyin a diesel or cng sedan,but destiny differed.
    the installer is a professional and convinced me that it will run good in my car.

my friend installed the same kit in his aveo last week,seeing the confidence he provided i continued with my decision and petrol hike shocker on sunday did the final trick.
    gave the car on monday evening ,car just arrived .MAN FOR THE FIRST 2 MINUTES I CUDNT SAY WHETHER THE CAR WAS RUNNING ON CNG OR PETROL.cars refinement level has increased,i mean the smoothness in pickup.the jerks which was present while driving under 2000rpm.
    no noticeable drop in performance.if u ask me the pickup has increased by 5-10%.
    some final tunings are to be done tomorrow.will check the mileage as well.friends aveo is giving under 2rs/km average.my fingers are crossed for the same,infact expectin a little better since his car was giving 10km/litre on petrol earlier and mine was 11.5-12.
    anyways happy with the gamble i played.hope it everthin continues without troble.
    suggestions are welcome...
    will update with pics and all later;)
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I hope it works out well.

Waiting to see the pics of the complete install.

Mods Edit- The trend for CNG seems to be picking up with the price of petrol touching Rs70/liter. Now there are 3 CNG cars at TFI as on 26-07-2011: 0900hrs. The usernames are given below with links to their profiles in case someone wants to contact them via message for feedback:
    1. Anish_707, the thread starter himself has a CNG Linea 1.4
    2. Dilip_DMK, has a CNG Punto 1.2
    3. Amit.Thakkar, has a CNG Punto 1.2

Turn to page 8 and 9 of this thread for photos and discussions.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    DO give us each and every minute details about the conversion ....

Congrats on being the first owner of a Linea CNG on TFI !!!!!!!
    U have paved path for others too .....
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Congratulations on the Gamble you played.

Please post the pics, cost, make and experience
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  5. anish_707

cost is 45k.make is VERSUS(poland).the installer is importer as well as the distributer here.pretty old in the field.the kit doesnt matter,installer does.
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Congrats man. Do post a detailed report and the mods done...
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Certainly a first for the fiats in delhi, lets hope it pays off well.....cant wait for ur review
    may u log more and more happy miles
  8. Congrats. I am also planning to add a LPG kit down the line to my 1.2. My confidence has increased on seeing you. Post the installation experience and initial running experience soon (ofcourse with photos).
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Congrats Anish.

I've seen a Punto in Elegant cars which already clocked 30000 on CNG. Owner told me that pickup has increased, but I could not belive on his words at that time. But now after getting feedback from Anish I've to belive on him.
  10. anish
    please post the reveiw of the cng kit.
    also some pivtures.
    congratulations on the gamble.
    hoping it pays off well and paves a path for others