1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First car - punto?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by drvanc, May 21, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    presence will be felt even better in a Linea!! ;)
    2 people like this.
  2. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    90hp has the same heart as the linea!! But i agree ur pesence is better in a Linea :)
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Linea is ROYAL! :)
  4. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys Stop fighting on Punto or linea, its about the power, as our friend is considering to buy the GP, lets focus on same,

About power of 75HP Punto, i own a 75HP GP MJD Dynamic 2012 model,( it will be just 3 days from now to complete 1year with the beauty), me and my friends were gone for outing and at village side there some bad road and + to that a climb of around 35 degree, so my friends started to tease me about our loved punto "show us the power of your car, you are saying always that it can climb the upside road even without accelerating" so i took this challenge, and stopped my beauty before that 35 degree up climb road with stones have came up, shifted to 1st gear, took of my foot from accelerator, and slowly disengaged the clutch, and as per my expectation our beauty started slowly and once it was in swing i took the foot of from clutch pedal as well, and now the car was moving forward with its engine power only, and with a surprising sounds from my friends our very own GP completed the challenge without any hiccup, and we were 4 person in car at that time, with trunk filled up with our bags.

And that was a really proud moment for me, that i choose the right ride for my self.

Now you can have better idea about the power of 75HP MJD as well.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Any time Punto 1.3 MJD. Power is all what and how you drive depending upon the gear shifts and utilizing the 75 HP in an apt manner.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome and congrats for selecting the Punto,
    Its a Mean machine, i will not convence you as you have already heading to the right Direction.
    2013 model is always a gud as its fresh from the Plant, But if you are condisering the discount then 2012 Nov will also work wonders over 2013.

Never under estimate the Grande, I have a 1.2 and given a Honda City (old Model) a very hefty time on the Curves, where as i was just enzoing my ride, and the city driver was bussy changing his gear to get control of his car on curves.
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  7. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    What about the discount for buying the 2012 model. Ask your dealer for that. Push for it. You'll get about 15k waiver more, apart from the insurance, exchange bonus, RSA, basic kit, extended warranty bringing your total to about 65k-70k. I don't know why your dealer hasn't already told you about it.

And no difference in 2012 and 2013 models. They are the same. What people are talking about the 2013 model is what is awaited. The revamped interiors and the chrome plate would come by the year-end.
  8. drvanc

drvanc

Chennai

Thanks. But i was speaking about the 2012 model only. They said they dont offer anything on 2013 model, even the insurance which i feel is bad...considering that my dad recently bought a toyota with free insurance :(
    For 2012 model they are offering a discount of 70K.
  9. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    On 2013 model they'll take away the 15k discount. The rest of the deal will remain the same. Insurance, rsa, car kit, etc.
  10. drvanc

drvanc

Chennai
    Unfortunately they are adamant here in chennai that there is no offer on 2013... I doubt if this is only till they sell off 2012 models, after which they might give insurance 22k free, exchange bonus 15k... So only the 25k discount on 2012 might be missed