1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First car, First Fiat, First post!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by angdroid, Jan 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angdroid

angdroid Timido

Bangalore
    Hello TFI friends,

Glad to be part of this elite group of Fiat fans. It all started when there was a Ford Figo on sale in our company's internal mailing list couple of months back, did my research on the car and cars in general, but missed the deal. But my search for a good driver's car did not end there, I took a bold move (first time driver and first car) to buy a new one. Booked Honda Amaze first, then canceled it for a Fiat Punto 90hp Emotion pack (Pearl White) which I'll be taking delivery in couple of days.

I liked the car for its looks, steering feedback and power. Yet to taste its handling capabilities, it was a short test drive. But, I felt at home in the cockpit compared to other cars I have driven (not many though!).

There were some encouragement to buy the car and there were some strong protests against Fiat because of their tarnished past from my friends and colleages circle. But, I'm going with my heart here and hope I don't end up with a lemon (my greatest fear in a Fiat, because of their poor QC). But communities like TFI and T-BHP gave me confidence and enough information. I could see Fiat is trying its best to bounce back and hope they improve the ownership experience to a great extent.

Eventually, will write up about my dealer experience and service experience separately. Please do consider me for any TFI Bangalore meets or plant visits!

Grazie & Rigaurda,
    Angs
    6 people like this.
  2. autowierdo

autowierdo Amatore

Pune
    Congrats Angdroid and welcome to fiat family. So when you are receiving the beauty. Keep us updated with your dealership experience and post delivery ride.

Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  3. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    Congratulations !!! You will surely not regret for your decision . Have a great time here .

Shrinivas Patil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Congratulations!!!
    Most of the decisions taken with heart will never go wrong!!

Your heart is very pure :p keep it like that always.
    Waiting for your 90hp hottie
    1 person likes this.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi congrats for your punto, Wishing you happy year ahead with Punto
    1 person likes this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats for your 90hp beast. Happy and Safe motoring.

Sent from Lumia using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  7. Congrats on your new ride. You have made a right choice.. Will enjoy riding it.. Do post your dealer experience and service experience. Also post some pics of the beauty...
    1 person likes this.
  8. angdroid

angdroid Timido

Bangalore
    @autowierdo: Thanks, planning for a Friday (Jan 3rd) delivery! Sure, the dealer is KHT Fiat Caffe, Bangalore and the experience is good so far.

Thanks a lot guys!
  9. angdroid

angdroid Timido

Bangalore
    Some pics taken during PDI

It's a KKZ (October 2013). It has run only 9 km in H mode!
    Just wondering, if the post-production testing done in FIAT plant tracks be part of this H mode. From the reading, it doesn't look like it.
    PDI_20131227_002.jpg
    PDI_20131227_001.jpg
    PDI_20131227_003.jpg
    PDI_20131227_004.jpg
    PDI_20131227_005.jpg
    PDI_20131227_006.jpg
    PDI_20131227_007.jpg
    PDI_20131227_008.jpg
    PDI_20131227_009.jpg
    5 people like this.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey. The "H" in the odo is a temporary odo and the H disappears automatically once the car covers 200Km or you can remove H manually too. In that case, odometer reading will come back to zero from H9km or whatever reading there is.

Do not worry about H in the odometer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.