1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First 5000 Kms with my New Love - Punto 90 HP Sports Edition, Pearl White

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by passion@fiat, Mar 12, 2014.

1. passion@fiat

passion@fiat Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @chakiirfan, thanks. I faced the same problem when I took her the the FASS at kashyap fiat noida. However at times this sound doesn't come up even on the worst of road surfaces. So living with it right now.
  2. passion@fiat

passion@fiat Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi, Thanks for suggesting this place. However, i went yesterday to Tyre Dynamics, In Noida, Sector 63 area . Had heard a lot about this automated shop with all latest gizmos. Asked to the SA to check for alignment. He said that it will not make any sense without going for WB first. So gave a go ahead. All the 4 wheels were got their turn to get mounted on that Red Hunter arrangement which prompts the user to add weights. To my surprise the GoodYears Duraplus (195/60, R"15) already had weights. when i questioned, the SA said that they do it before finally sending the cars to the dealer. But the SA removed all those weights and then started the Wheel balancing process.

The Red Hunter machine pointed out the amount of weight and the exact point where weights are to be incorporated. Though all of this looked very impressive, i was still in double minds with Pintu done only 5000 Kms, why at all did it need any kind of balancing in its wheels. Anyhow tyres were back at where they are meant best for and Pintu now on that Huge Red Hunter (Ramp) kind of arrangement with T shaped flangs raised at a height with sensors. This was for the alignment process. Once the software was activated with all 4 wheels fitted with those metal sensors, this is what was found:

WP_20140315_001.jpg

the technician said that the front cambers are (out) and i need to show this to the service center. This is not expected for such a new car and it is not advised to make any temporary adjustments by fixing/ adding some bolt like thing above the suspension. So he asked me to go to the FASS and claim for new suspensions as they seem to have become faulty. Everybody, could you please suggest if this is the case. Do the suspensions have given up in just 2 months? This is so dis- heartening!!!

So the technician only adjusted the 3rd variable here - toe which will not make the car drift in any direction. Having done all of this, Pintu was down from the ramp and i started heading back home. Pintu this , time started moving to the Left :eek::( and this was not amusing at all. I felt like what the Hell, after spending almost Rs. 8 lakhs , is you need to visit the WA/ WB shop so often then i might have continued with my good old Frieda (Ford Ikon, Flair)

Anyways , went straight to DRS Fiat, Faridabad, told them about the problem. They checked for this and said everything is fine. I forgot to click the pic of their display screen during alignment process. It was more like a report showing recommended values/ measurements and present/ actual values. There were very slight deviations and the FASS technician said everything looks to be ok, and he refused to believe when i showed him the readings from given to me by Tyre Dynamics.

I will personally not recommend tyre dynamics to anybody - not because the measurements given by them did not match the one, but more because try and sell to your everything under their roof. Also in my case WB want rquired and the total bill amount was Rs. 950. Out this alignment was only Rs. 350, rest all was for balancing, weights.

Pintu is now running fine. Lets hope for the best.
  3. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @passion what i have noticed that the sounds comes only while crawling at lower speeds and after travelling in traffic for more than an hour...

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    passion@fiat,
    It maybe a good time now to notify Fiat Customer Service and send a CC of the same to Service center about your wheel balance and suspension issues. Keep them posted and ask them what next is expected from your end. Maybe Fiat guys will co-ordinate with the SC people to sort your car issues for once. Do update here.

Best of Luck..!
  5. passion@fiat

passion@fiat Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @asimpleson Yes I will be sending them an email along with the image taken. intact my dealership experience has been very bad . This is not the right post to write about it so I will be posting my experience there. I had written emails to Fiat India CEO and finally it was resolved. I don't think I will need to go that that extreme to get this sorted. BTW any specific reason why you suggest me to keep Fiat service in loop? Do you also fine some major problem with the car's alignment..Pls let me know as I am getting a bit worried.

Wishing you all a very HappyHoli
  6. passion@fiat

passion@fiat Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The 'tak tak' sound is finally gone. Yesterday i took Pintu to DRS FIAT, ASS in Faridabad. i had gone there before as well but last time they could not figure out the sound neither any probable reason.

The culprit was ' LHS Suspension Elastic/ mounting' - this is a circular metal piece with some very hard rubber embedded on to in along with a circular white plastic casing. I was astounded to find this as the reason behind that annoying sound from the left side of the car , which otherwise was very slient on even the most troubled roads.

This part was replaced under warranty and the cost was ~ 1500/- including labour. Not a penny was charged from me. I really appreciate the kind of attention to detail shown by DRS FIAT technicians and the professional attitude of Mr. Thakur - HEAD service there. Kudos to the team! It will be worth while to mention here that this problem when described to Kashyap Fiat Noida, was easily cordoned off by expressing that ' its all in your mind sir'. I did not find that amusing at all. Members who are in awe of Kashyap Fiat Noida and their 'experts' were not upto the mark to understand my plight and solve this for me.

The final bill after the Suspension Elastic pad replacement:

WP_20140323_007.jpg

I will recommend to all member based in Delhi NCR region to visit DRS Fiat Faribadad. You will not be disappointed. All my queries were answered and even those minor niggles like door side window closing with a feeble ' chas' sound was rectified immediately. Very Happy with overall experience.

Posting some pics of Pintu - Falling in love with her everyday

WP_20140323_001.jpg

WP_20140323_002.jpg

WP_20140323_005.jpg

WP_20140323_006.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

So now ur pintu is ready to roar and without khat khat sound. Great sir enjoy

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
  8. nithinstars

nithinstars

Bangalore
    Hi Guys,
    I bought a Punto Sportz too which's yet to complete it's first 1000 Kms (just done with 700Kms). I found it truly good in all sense except the mileage part. Meter shows Avg Consumption at 8 KMpl which's surprising. I drive in Bangalore heavy traffic conditions with A/C switched on always but doesn't 8KMpl looks odd??
    Any suggestions or is that quiet normal before first 1000 KMs. BTW, fiat told, next oil change is only @ 15000KMs.
    Passion@fiat, how was that for you before your first 1000Kms.
  9. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Hi,

I got a mileage around 17 initially in chennai traffic by maintaining a speed of 60 kmph with 100% AC.

But now getting only 13km/l(10k driven).

Soln for ur drive:Try resetting ur meter and start watching.Initially, ur sport machine should provide u above 13 km atleast.Drive slowly without using the power of the machine(Initial pickup).

Adding to the above, fill fuel at good fuel stations.Bcoz fuel plays a vital role in the mileage .

Happy riding!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. passion@fiat

passion@fiat Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Hi @chakiirfan. I am facing the same issue over the last couple of months. Have got the front left suspension in mar15 and also the top elastic / round rubber pads . the sound disappeared but reappeared again in a span of 40 days. It is indeed very frustating and spoils all the fun of driving the beauty. and more so the sound ' guduk guduk, katak katak ' magnifies after having driving in the traffic for more than 45 mins. Were you able to get the above problem solved? could you please advise me on the above because i have tried everything with DRS Fiat Faridabad but in vain. I think they are not able to diagnose the real problem. Awaiting your and others inputs pls.