1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First 5000 Kms with my New Love - Punto 90 HP Sports Edition, Pearl White

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by passion@fiat, Mar 12, 2014.

1. passion@fiat

passion@fiat Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Dear All this my first ownership review and kind of 4 post in this forum after becoming a TFI member. Today Pintu (that's what i call her) completed 5000 kms after exactly 77 days of taking delivery. and i must confess.. am i surprised? yes totally smitten by this beauty.. 5000kms of pure bliss - this is how i would want to summarize by experience. Posting a few pics:

Side Profile_1.jpg

Concerns till now - None and the car is running like a divine machine. Impeccable and flawless performance till now
    City Driving till now: 70%. Avg Mileage as per the MID: 18.3 KMPL. Driving conditions: Bumper - bumper traffic of NCR
    Highway runs till now : 30% (1 trip to Udaipur, 1500 kms of dream drive). Avg Mileage as per MID during this trip: 24.8 KMPL
    Diesel used - HP Kiosks, Normal diesel
    Visit to the service center - Once over during last weekend for 5000 KM inspection and general checkup : Kashyap Fiat, Noida Phase II

Brief ownership report:

Since i have been using petrol heads since the last 6-7 years, initially the diesel clatter of the engine was a bit of a turn off. After the first 100 kms, i did not even feel that i was sitting and driving s diesel car. Premium as the word can describe it. NVH levels are top notch and a few colleagues of mine , out for a short drive within Delhi re-confirmed if this was actually a diesel hatch.:D

The ride quality is fantastic, runs like a dream over rough surfaces. the 15" do their job quintessentially, not letting the jerks come inside the cabin. Wifey feels very happy after our jerky rides on our age old Ford 1.3 Flair - but she was a Queen of hearts too. I so miss her
    Rear View.jpg

Niggles so far:
    1. Windshield Wiper blades giving a' khass khass' kind of noise just before settling down at the surface of the hood. Asked the SA at Kashyap Fiat to look at tit and he just opened the Hood, filled up distilled water in the storage water tank and added a couple of pouches of cleaning shampoo/ gel like substance. There is no sound after this, and got to test it during the heavy showers over the last days in Delhi NCR
    2. ' tak tak' sound from front left side of the car. Could not figure out the exact cause of this sound. Told this to the SA and both of us went for a TD. However, as they said it before, Pintu behaved in a perfectly normal way as if nothing was wrong. Had to come back thinking what do i now tell the SA. However he could see my disappointment for not having been able to reproduce that ' tak tak' sound again. He assured me to check everything by lifting th ecar up in the ramp to see if there are any loose nuts and bolts. There was no sound after i brought the car from the service center but it seems that from yesterday, the sound is back. Guess it is more from the side door panel and not a mechanical sound. Will figure our during the Holi weekend
    3. Slight Left pulling, after 1 week of taking delivery: had taken my beauty to he service center, they swapped the LHS wheel with that of RHS. was working like charm after which now, it has started to pull towards right. Incidentally, this the same wheel which was there in the LHS. I understand that i should get the alignment done in a professional tyre shop. Guys could you please suggest a few good ones, in South Delhi Area? May be near Jasola, Sarita Vihar..this will be of great help. Also please let me know the tentative charges for getting the alignment done.

is it good for a 2 month old car to have its alignment done twice? A bit apprehensive on this part since i drive very carefully, taking cognizance of the abrupt road breaks and craters just appearing from no where. Will wait for the expert comments.

Apart from the above, Pintu seems to be rock solid on road . Pull like a bull once i cross 20KMPH. I generally feel good by moving upto 3rd gear as quickly as possible. The engine is smooth like mayo till now.

5000 Km inspection/ service details:

General Top up of fluids
    Check for tak tak sound - could not find any technical glitch
    Right side pulling - Alignment done but problem appears again
    Top wash and inside vaccum cleaning
    final test drive by the Fiat Engineer - gives an OK
    Bill : Rs. 0

also, i got Paint Protection treatment done for Pintu. However, the experience has not been very satisfactory. The guys did a steam wash first and then applied 3 layers of wax/ rubbing compounds to augment and enhance the glaze. Personally, i did not find any marked difference post the paint protection done. I was promised that this coating will saty atleast for the next 6 months and will lead to beading/ bubble formation of water on the paint surface. But believe me , nothing of that sort happened. Duped:eek:

Dear Experts and Moderators , can you please suggest if i should go for an underbody black coating / treatment? The service center was insisting me to go for it so as to keep the under body rust free and longevity of the overall chasis of the car. Will request your views please.

Overall, after owing this mean machine for more that 2 months, i am amazed and rather surprised not to find so many of them on our roads.
    Final Verdict - Awestruck after having owned her since last 2 months. Generates a lot of gazes and curious looks - Which car is this??

Posting a few more pics:

Looking at her from left front.jpg

WP_20140309_001 (2).jpg

WP_20140312_003.jpg
    4 people like this.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congratulations
    Your pet pintu looks cool
    The first time am seeing proper pictures of a sports edition.
    Happy motoring
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Passion@fiat,

Heratiest congratulations on owning the 90HP Scorcher. The colour white looks rocking on the car.

Even my carpooler friends have agreed that even the 75Hp Punto doesnt sound like a diesel vehicle with the NVH inside never felt.

Going by your post, looks like the WA/WB isnt done as yet. The first time only the tyres were interchanged isnt it? My suggestion is to get the WA/WB done at the earliest if the pulling is more prominent. I was never a fan boy of paint sealant and always thought it as a marketing gimick. Your post proved it. But Anti rust coating, you can get it checked at the 3M car care coz Punto comes with factory anti rust coating applied. If the service centre is insisting, question them as to why wasnt it provided by the factory?

Happy many more (S)mile crunching and drive safely.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Excellent start, keep it updated.
    This is not required, there is factory warranty anyway on underbody.
    After warranty, you may want to get it done through 3M/Wruth centers.
  5. passion@fiat

passion@fiat Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks bala. I know, the look has got augmented on account of stylish body graphics and Ferrari red mirror caps. The pics will never be able to do all the justice when you see her in muscle. I have added a few more pics in my album.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Godhlur. Yes indeed, it looks stunning. Fall for her everyday in the morning while taking her to office. Last week, somedobdy n a south Delhi mall parking asked me if its the name car being made by Ferrari and I was like elated:) The only correction being yes its made by Fiat

Till now I have not got done any WA/WB from any tyre shop. Yes first time only then front wheels were swapped and now during inspection, they did the alignment again. Pulling is slight and not very prominent, will get this checked in a tyre shop over the weekend.

Thanks for the info on factory provided anti-rust coating. I was not aware that it comes standard. But my car doesn't has it. Can you please confirm. I will talk to the service center guys tomorrow.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Ravi. I just wanted to know if this is specified anywhere because my car doesn't have any protective coating.
  6. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    I do have a New Pearl White and I either found no difference after the paint treatment. White is a pretty decent color so I guess we don't have worry on the glaze or the shine thereby wasting our money.
  7. passion@fiat

passion@fiat Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Godhlur, could you suggest a few good tyre shops well equipped to do the job on Fiats? I got to know after various posts n the forum that the software for 2013 and beyond Fiats..is this true? Is yes then why is this. I read in a few posts that even upon driving just over 1000 kms the yes went bald.

Will request utmost help here from experts, mods to suggest a few good tyre shops so that I can get this done tomorrow.
  8. passion@fiat

passion@fiat Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Totally agree Nathan. But I see some swirl marks already on the hood area. Though they are mild in nature but yes they have surfaced. Aso , having a glossy black roof top, the swirls seem to appear here as well.

Any solution To this problem,please let me know sirs.
  9. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @nathan Great thread.. Keep updating it....
    With regards to the kat kat sound in left front... I do have the same problem but unable to reproduce when i went to the service centre for a check.. Please keep updating on that as well...

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Try contacting the shop mentioned below..

Haryana Wheels Tyres Pvt. Ltd.
    5R/8 B Karam Mansion
    Neelam Chowk
    Faridabad-121001
    Haryana
    Phone : 0129-4035575-76
    : 0129-4035575-76
    Email : info@hwt.co.in

Haryana Wheel Tyres
    1 person likes this.