1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First 110 hp petes performance remapped punto in india

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Nimish antony, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Once the added power is tasted at higher 2500 rpm, otherwise OK region becomes boring. One will feel as if in Cruze. :p Huge turbo lag feel.
  2. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    The added power is a boon when it comes to overtaking. That was the biggest advantage i felt from the remap. You just have to tap the pedal and the response is quick. The previous turbo lag is eliminated as to my feeling.
  3. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Nimish first of all congrats on your mod.just one doubt! What i understand about the difference between a fixed and variable geometric turbo s that a vgt kicks in early than a fixed one.thats what a vgt is meant for,right?what i understood s that in vgt at low rpm the blades inside them focuses the pressure to rotate the turbo unlike the fgt which does not have this mechanism to provide the turbo boost at low rpm.then how can the 90 hp vgt starts only at 2500 and the fgt at 1700?
  4. Folks,

For tuning 76 BHP Punto MJD , I would recommend Siddharth Chopra of Tune-O-Tronics Welcome to Tune-O-Tronics the mobile ecu remapping service, ecu tuning, remaps, performance, economy, fuel, cars. .
    I have driven three of the punto's tuned by him,he doesn't advocate going for cotton-gauze filters or free flow exhaust but tunes the car with in it's limits.
    We did drag test between a Swift DDIS ,Punto MJD 76 and 90HP after remap and Punto beat the swift by probably couple seconds with perceived bad gear ratios!! 76 BHP accelerated better then 90HP stock and was ahead until 165 KMPH but 90 Hp was in it's own league after 170.what surprised me is engine is so rev happy and smoother ,feels as though car has lost some weight.
    Siddarth goes extra mile to modify the maps according the the driving style or customer satisfaction.
    -Sat
  5. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Well im no techie to explain the working and mannerisms of a Turbo. VGT as we know is a variable geometric turbo and it has a variable program to tune to your driving style unlike the fixed geometric turbo. But for my remap experience i feel that that FGT being a smaller turbo (thats what im told) responds better at a lower RPM. I have driven the Figo and 75 with a remap and i felt the same. To my knowledge i presume a smaller turbo works out for a city drive remap. The bigger the turbo more the turbo lag.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Petes also remaps according to your custom needs. The gear ratios play folly with the great MJD. I totally agree with your statement "is engine is so rev happy and smoother ,feels as though car has lost some weight". Its the same with me.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Sat-chit-anand, Any more info about these remap guys?
    I would be interested in paying them a visit.
    the link does not say where they are located.
    What is the cost so on..
    Also anything else you can provide me with?
  7. Call the phone number in the link,Siddarth is getting his office done near mysore raod.
  8. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Why don't you consider Red Rooster Performance. They have their office in Bangalore. I had a chance to drive their cars with the Tuning Box installed and it was really showing on. Im not sure if they do have a remap. Anyways you could check with them. I presume they are located in Whitefield

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

If you want to have a Petes remap. I can give you a special offer as we have a TFI offer for all members who do the remap within MAY 31st. You can save some hard buck by availing the offer.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Just called them up.. thankfully they stay very close to where I do.. So its only a 15min drive.. Will check them out sometime later this week. :)
    Thanks for the info

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

nimish, redrooster is the team behind 'spider' tuning box right?
    If yes then I've TD that about 8 months ago itself..
    I'm not sure if they had brought a different tunning box or what but I didnt feel much at all.. In fact i didnt like it one bit.
    later I TD RD's Dieseltronic that was pretty good i must say.
    I could definitely feel the kick.

However remap is always a better option, lets see if i ever get my car remapped.
    If i ever get 15", 98PCD alloys.. :)
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sat based on your experience with Tune-O-Tronics, Nimish's statement holds true. You get better performance in 76 Bhp remap than in 90 Bhp. For the 90 Bhp to come into performance level it needs to attain 2500 Rpm and & that is one more reason why the 90 Bhp was in it's own league after 170. Petes had been in this industry for quiet a long time & we cannot simply under estimate his statement. Remapping the ECU is a tougher job. But only time can tell what will be it's after effect in the long run & that is where experience counts.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.