1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

First 110 hp petes performance remapped punto in india

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Nimish antony, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    Its been a fortnight since i had remapped my 90 Hp to a 110 Hp monster. I had taken some time to post a review since i wanted to really test the car before i came up to conclusions. The fiat owner as we all know is a person who has adequate knowledge about the product he owns. I waited for 25,000 Kms to break the codes of my itialian beauty. I wanted the engine to open up before it could take the extra horses. Breaking the codes and adding the extra boost to the current car is something which the racer boy in you looks out for. After games at NFS and Road rash its when you are powered with the nitro boost that is really leaves you with the extra edge over the opponents smoking them to dust. That was always missing in the Italiano 90. It had power but not at your fingertips. I needed to break the codes to suffice my Need for Speed. It came to an end with the launch of the Diesel Inside Remap from Petes Automotive. I was averse with the plug and play tuning boxes that prevailed in the market and when the original remap came i looked no further. I drove up to the Petes performance stall in cochin and added the nitro to my ride. It took some time for me as the car was scanned and the codes were sent to Uk and later the remap codes are sent back and that's how the process takes place. It was me waiting to get my hands on my car after the process. It took some testing and a couple of code changes as the Indian car had a different state of tune.

Finally i get my car after a wait of 4 days and intensive testing by Peter and Co. The initial response was like... ohhhhh. Is it remapped. Peter tells me to live above 2500 RPM and since the VGT kicks only after that. Mmmmmm.. I wait for the open road to feel the turbo kick in and woosssh....... I have become a bad boy once again.. You are driving a transformer edition of Fiat. The turbo really makes you feel rocking as there is tremendous power from the 2500-4000 RPM. I had felt this induction of torque only previously with my RD 350. Initially its the same old punto with the sluggish 1st and 2nd gears. Shift gears and the power comes to you at your finger tips. The VGT fires to life at 2500 RPM and you are into new heights. the turbo addiction can make you addicted like cocaine. You can easily outdo a Vento, Verna and a 1.6 Polo. I eat them for breakfast now. The suspension of the punto gives you tremendous confidence to push it to the limits. My car now begs for a suspension upgrade with Taroxx brakes which i will be upgrading shortly. The Italian drives as if he has a shot of Red Bull.

Normally you can drive it just like a stock punto. Its when you need power just shift gears and when your remap comes to play. That something which i loved about. The car is best felt at 70 kmph in 4th gear at 2500 RPM where you can really smoke your opponents to dust. Believe me it will transform your dreams to reality. Want to evoke the dark side of you.. go to Petes and he will deliver.

Now the question of the average Indian "Milege kithna hai"?... It depends on your driving style. On hard acceleration and racer boy antics it delivers 13.5 to 14.5. Rest the overall is 18.5 for me.

Overall i am a happy customer of the first 110 HP remapped Punto and i hope to see more on roads.

Now at last its the ITALIAN JOB which rules.................
    9 people like this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats. How much is the increase in torque?
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    awesome dude.. Really nice to finally read you're review.
    But few questions...
    how has the remap made you feel when you are <2500rpm ?
    The reason is if its 2500rpm then one has nearly reached 60% already in the rev band and what I've noticed my fellow punto'ians (including myself) do is to hold the gear till 2500-3000rpm and change (on the highways only).
    Now if the surge of power is coming in at 2500rpm then you are intentionally trying to rev the engine higher than you otherwise do( to feel the kick) which is not good.

SO I'd like to have some acceleration figures please if you dont mind.
    I would also like to know how the remap has increased you're overall acceleration.
    I'm not interested in the top speed but very very keen on how it's achieved.
    (before and after the remap).

Q2, Do petes offer you with a chance to go back to their shop and modify the remaps in case you want it? (of course keeping everything withing operating limits)
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
  4. extr3mex

extr3mex Amatore

Cochin
    sweet m8!!
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Nimish, i completely agree with your decision to remap instead of that Plugnplay thing.
    Can you share some more details like what are the altered parameters, cost of retuning, 0-100 timings etc. etc.?
    What are the torque figures now?
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Cool.

Although 2500 sounds a bit high. The VGT is up and running by 2000rpm's max. Maybe Pete's tuned it that way.

Anyways, take good care of the engine and turbo, now that it's more stressed than usual. :)

Cheers.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Gurjinder, help me make up my mind here, it's more of a query than conclusion.
    During REMAP, we can fiddle with restrictions emissions/turbo pressure/injectors pressure & bla bla.
    Question is Are these MJD Turbo's & injectors in India are handle to capable more RPMs/more rail pressure as per their specifications? For eg. does 1.6 ltr MJD use the same injector rail assembly that our Indian MJD do?
    I think since it's BOSCH, it very well could be. May be the after mapping details will help for a firm conclusion.
    I don't think apart from Turbo, there is not even 0.1% challenge to engine's reliability here.
    MJD is quite capable if they are using same injector assembly, blocks & Turbo's over the range which their other better performing siblings are doing like 1.6 or 2.0 ltr.

If i would get it done, my emphasis would be more on Torque than power outputs. May be 100-105 bhp but would favor that torque of 260-270 NM throughout its mid-range.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Another important question is do the service available after remapping in case of any issues?
    Does a ECU scan can figure out that the remapping has done?
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ohhh, never mind. these TASS idiots;).
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    +1 to ENKI, but yeah they wont scan the ECU until they have to scan the ECU ;-)
    Nimish, please post you're responses to my queries..
    I'm quite interested and as most of you know already I've been thinking of rempas/boxes since the birth of time, and still no progress :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.