1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fire Protection System(FPS)

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Bharat Kakkar, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Bharat Kakkar

Bharat Kakkar

Hi,

I have a Punto 1.2 Active petrol and have got a CNG kit done in it. I stay in Faridabad and met with a head on accident yesterday on my way to work. I got the dentig painting work done from a local guy and got the car back home on CNG. I noticed that the car would not ignite on petrol and the small display in the meter shows 'FPS On'. I have have tried searching about it but couldnt find anything. All i can read is that this is a Fire prevention systme which cuts the fuel supply in case of a collision and also that there is button somewhere in the car to reset it.

Please help!
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I remember reading somewhere that the button is located under the dashboard on the left, somewhere near the pollen filter. Someone can confirm.

Edit: It is explained in the owner's manual.
    fuelcutoff.jpg
    fuelcutoffswitch.png
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  3. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    The position has been explained in the manual, as given above by Fiatlover.
    I am just going through the manual so I remember it.

But it is always better to check for internal damages to the supply line before resetting the switch.
    It is recommended to pay a visit to TASS and get the resetting done by them.
  4. Bharat Kakkar

Bharat Kakkar

thanks fiatlover. Your suggestion helped....!

Cheers!