1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fire It up Again, Torini !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DeLineated, May 25, 2013.

1. DeLineated

DeLineated Timido

hey folks,

2nd post here - the first was on the lighting upgrade thread. I am the owner of a 2010 TJet+ which I just purchased from its first owner.
    Currently waiting to have the registration changed, the odo stands at just under 27000km. So have only brought the car home and not run it much until the transfer completes.

What I was thinking when I bought this heavy, fuel-guzzling petrol sedan ?
    This is what I was thinking - I really wanted a superbike actually, but any big inline four is easily 12+ lacs new, and resale prices too pretty steep for SBKs under 5 years. Older bikes are available cheaper but few of them are in great shape and fewer with proper documents, don't want DRI knocking at my door.

Practicality reigned in and I thought a diesel hatch was more sensible, if I did spend big monies on wheels. But, you only live once, how likely would I be to purchase a 100+ horse power turbo petrol car ? Having heard so much praise about the TJet, I just had to sample it for myself, even if only as a weekend car , if not daily runner. Trigger pulled and here I am.

Looking forward to tips and pointers for long term owners.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI, DeLineated. I am sure you will have great time with your jet. :)
  3. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi DeLineated, Welcome to TFI.
    And congratulations on owning the Jet.
  4. Welcome to TFI, Mate! and congratulations on getting the beast over an SBK. Cheers.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi congratulations..
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome to TFi DeLineated :)

Keep posting your views & pix of yout JET
  7. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

T-jet is indeed a another generation of cars built in India.
  8. DeLineated

DeLineated Timido

Thanks people! It's testing my patience as I can't wait to take the car out for a drive, but I better wait until the reg and insurance transfers are done, not worth risking damage w/o it.