1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fire Extinguisher Needed In Our Cars?

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by Harsh, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Recently when i was driving through Mumbai traffic i noticed a palio with a fire extinguisher on the A pillar.
    I wondered whether we need one or not..
    i understand we have the FPS but isn't that only for the engine bay area and the engine itself?
    What about any fire that starts in the interiors?
    I remember my experience in my previous indica, a friend lit a cigarette and the burning match stick fell on my seat cover and it did catch flames i had the non-leather type ones. since then i always carried a small extinguisher can but never needed to use it.
    Ive learned that they are also good options to break open the windshield.

So then the main question of the thread is

Are Fire Extinguishers Needed In Our Cars?

If Yes Then Which Brand And Where To Acquire it From In Different States And Places?

Mods, I couldn't find a thread relating to this topic but if there is fell free to close this but please provide a valid link to that thread

Thanks
  2. Nice thread Harsh. This has been running in my mind for a long time. It is always better to have a FExt. handy in our cars.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I have fire extinguishers in all my cars. Not on pillar but in boot or seat cover. Its always better to be safe than sorry. Hardly costs 300-500 bucks
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  4. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It is really safe to have one. Thinking of getting one to put on boot. Italia-Linea, please suggest brands. I checked the Eureka Forbes and their site says the cost as 5 grands. Any other brands?
  5. Thank you :)
    the same scenario with me, thus the thread. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

why the boot you guys? keep it below the seat!!

Automated locks can get you locked in! how then do you propose to reach the boot!

- - - Merged Post - - -

could you please share the brand, quantity and where you got it from?
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I got it from Big bazaar and Reliance autozone. Dont remember the brand. Pick up any. Its simple formula.
    1 person likes this.
  7. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh. That's good idea. Will check the Reliance Autozone in ORR.
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    there are lots of them available online. I guess we can keep them strapped underneath the seat.
  9. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Naveen. I found this
  10. Thanks mightymaveryk!