1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiorino 1.3 16v Cruise control

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by JCE85, Jan 17, 2016.

1. JCE85

JCE85 Timido

Finland
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Got a 2011 fiat 500 BCM, but no luck, it has the same connectors and everything but does not function with the car. It gave many errors and could not do proxy alignment.
  2. JCE85

JCE85 Timido

Finland
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Do you have any new ideas?
  3. JCE85

JCE85 Timido

Finland
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I checked the ecu pins, 16,17,18,19,21 are empty. 22 has a wire. I tried applying 12v to pin21 but did not see any change in the cruise control parameters in the ecu.

But i assume the CC should work through the body computer and not straight connected to the engine ecu.

Only option to find a used ecu and bodycomputer from a fiorino that has CC from factory ?
  4. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @JCE85 Can you please post a picture of the ECU in your car with the label clearly visible?
  5. JCE85

JCE85 Timido

Finland
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello. Here is pic of ECU

2016-10-23 12.43.39.jpg
    ramjn likes this.
  6. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @JCE85 I wanted to check if the Marelli H/w number on your ECU is any different from our MJD 90hp and Linea ECUs that comes without CC. Our ECUs has the H/w no. HW04V. And the broader consensus is that CC is not available for this ECU.
    Since yours is different from ours, if you compare the H/w number of the ECU with that of a Fiorino with working CC (and also the S/w number too) so that you can finally put an end to your confusion on whether to change the ECU or not to and take it forward from there.
    limraj likes this.
  7. JCE85

JCE85 Timido

Finland
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Yes, i suspect that it needs new body computer and engine ECU for it to function. Ive seen them for sale, around 200e for both. That would be the best option if i could find a crashed car with CC and get the elecgtronic units from that. I prefer the factory systems over aftermarket.