1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiorino 1.3 16v Cruise control

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by JCE85, Jan 17, 2016.

1. JCE85

JCE85 Timido

Finland
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello i have a 2009 fiorino. Looking to get cruise control working.
    Done so far: Bought 3 stalk switch module, pin 8 - pin 41 wiring was there, has clutch switch, has 4 wire brake light switch. Both brake and clutch signals working in MES parameters on/off.
    Dash has led cruise light, works when activated in MES.
    Have activated cruise control in can setup and did proxy alignment.

Get fault code B1065, cruise switch open circuit intermittent. And cruise is not working and led does not light up.
    When i look in MES the cruise switch parameters res, +, -, on/off
    It does not change even i press any of the switches.

I have measured the stalk and it has the right ohm values in different positions so it should be ok.

Ive read some bodycomputers dont have some resistors built in, witch are needed for cruise control. I assume these are "voltage pull-up" resistors for the cruise stalk signal wire.
    Cause the cruise stalk grounds the signal wire through different resistor, and therefore changing the voltage in the signal wire. Bodycomputer detects switch position by measuring voltage.

I have measured the pin8 wire ign on and engine running and i get no voltage. No voltage=no signal.

Any idea?
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
  3. JCE85

JCE85 Timido

Finland
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Have sended him message, but no response yet.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Hello. We were successful in installing cruise control only in the Linea T-Jet and the Linea 1.4 FIRE. We were unable to succeed with 1.3 MJD. Please post detail of what ECU you are running.
    asimpleson, Sujit508 and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  5. JCE85

JCE85 Timido

Finland
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Marelli 6F3 EOBD Diesel injection, i will take ss of the ecu data.

I have seen fiorino/qubo 1.3 mjd cars with cruise control from factory, so what is needed to get this working? New body computer? or also new engine ECU ?
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The Linea MJD and the Grande Punto MJD in India run the same Marelli 6F3 EOBD ECU. For the Linea, the recommended approach was to directly wire to pins 19,20,21 & 22 of the ECU. For the Grande Punto, it was to wire pin 8 to pin 41. In your case, you have stated that this wiring already exists.

Since you are saying the MES is not showing any change even when the switches are operated, I suspect that there is no power supply to the CC stalk. Have you check if pin 8 is getting power?
  7. JCE85

JCE85 Timido

Finland
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Yes it has the 8-41 wiring from factory. Like i said i have measured the stalk wire, i get no voltage ignition on or engine running.I have measured the wire plugged to the steering column and also disconnected. No voltage.

I have measured the stalk between pin 8 and pin 10 (power earth) and get different Ohm values depending what switch press. So stalk is working as it should.

So no, the pin8 is not getting any power in any situation.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 18, 2016 ---
    Also i read on other forum that there are bodycomputers that are with cruise control support and some are not. That those without the suppot is missing some built in resistors. That would explain the missing power feed to the pin8.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 18, 2016 ---
    Also the proxy alignment is completed without any errors. Only faultcode i get is B1065, cruise switch open circuit.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @JCE85 - Since your car already has the 8-41 wiring, there are two possibilities -

1. The car is CC capable. Have you checked for a missing fuse, perhaps? Sounds silly, but sometimes it could be as simple as that.

2. The BCM does not have resistors for the CC circuit. If this is the case, then you might be looking at a new BCM.
  9. JCE85

JCE85 Timido

Finland
    Fiat Enthusiast
    1. I have checked all the fuses inside car. No empty places.

2. Yes, thats what im starting to suspect.

I found a fiorino/qubo bcm from a car that has cruise control, might buy it and see what happens.

I have spent only 120 euro on this project. The used BCM wouldbe + 110 euro.
    So we aint near 350 euro what they want for an aftermarket cruise control :)

I prefer the original equipment before aftermarket.
  10. JCE85

JCE85 Timido

Finland
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I ordered a used body computer, hoping it has support for CC. I will report how it goes.