1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally went with my Heart Punto MJD Exotic Red

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by mayurshah, Jul 7, 2013.

1. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    HI ...Finally few pictures of my Exotic Red Punto MJD 2009 kms 40000 ( Secondhand) after selling my new Ford Figo petrol 3 years old & 9000 driven only.

I purchased from one of the Huyndai dealer from there used car division which certifies the car is in good condition & accident free.

First of all i would like to thank them for giving this well maintained Exotic Red beauty (actually i was particular of this color) , well i dint understand y a fiat guy would exchange for a Hyundai car ?..

Hence thoroughly got the car checked by one of my friend who owns a Bosch car service centre
    he said car is good & u can go ahead but he said parts are costly & difficult to get ( this is common review from all) but this time i dint wanted to listen my mind again & wanted to go with my heart :p..but he said generally here parts dont go off so fast .. again the question was still going in my mind y someone will sell fiat Gp for a Hyundai ? So for double check again i showed to my friends cousin who works as service engineer in Volkwagon..he did the TD & general checkup & said car is ok u can buy.. Now no further delay before i again start listening to my mind..hehe i paid & purchased the car ( but this question was always running in my mind y someone will sell GP for a hyundai car?)

So really wanted to test this personally for satisfaction..took the delivery of the car & waited for a weekend.. i stay here in Bangalore so planned a short trip to Yercaud

Yercaud trip was amazing same day return was planned & believe me it was one of the best self drive experiance i have had.. would like to write the whole review on the trip soon .
    ( felt satisfied after the trip that i got a very nice car...only felt suspensions were little hard & there was light pull on the left) would like to join any TFI meet here in Bangalore & members td my car & give the expert review on what should b fixed.
    But iam satisfied on this purchase no regrets & my 1st diesel car & 1st secondhand car.. with only one question in mind (y would someone sell GP for a hyundai)

20130705_162010.jpg

20130705_162026.jpg

20130705_162052.jpg
    9 people like this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats dude. That looks well maintained.

Enjoy it safely!
  3. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Thanks ..Sure
  4. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    This is really a million dollar question. Last month I met a Fiat GP owner at IS Motors Roorkee, when I went for my Linea's 2nd service. I spent a good time with him discussing about Fiat cars. He said that he too wants to sell his Punto. When I asked him reason for doing so, he just said that its now more than three years with him & he wants to have some new car. Actually what I realized that this guy was having 4-5 cars at home so its just a routine thing. Otherwise he didn't have any complaint with Punto. Infect Punto is his primary mode of travel & he is in very much love with Punto.
    So there are people who just change car for a sake of getting a new car.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Congratulations on the red rocket. Hope you will enjoy many more miles of driving and mile crunching without any of the above questions.:redcar

I suppose the warranty on the car would expire sometime this year - any thoughts on that?:confused:
  6. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Ya planning to visit the Service centre this weekend have problem with the indicater switch will get it replaced under warranty & can we extend the warranty?
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    My guess is - not possible at this stage. Earlier Fiat used to offer 2+2 ys as warranty but lately they are offering 3+2 yrs. So you can probably try for one more year of warranty.
  8. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Mine is under 50 months warranty
  9. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Hi after long time here to update my thread , after getting this lovely machine wanted to beautify it more on external looks
    here are the few things i did

1) Added Spoiler after market one pre painted in red Cost : 2800/- excellent finish & exact matchin exotic red color.
    purchased from JC Road - Bangalore

2) Changed the from Upper & Lower Grill to Black ( As mine is a emotion so comes with silver grill)
    it was DIY job grill purchased from Adhya Motors Rs 1230/- (Horrible experiance) check this link Y http://www.teamfiat.co.in/members/mayurshah.htm

3) Got the Carbon vinyl snickering on front bumper .. not happy with the job..actually dont want to blame the
    snickering guy as it was raining and work was done on road

4) Finally my car was 2009 model wanted to give 3M Paint sealent treatmenet, Excellent job done.
    Got it done from Pristine Auto Service : HRBR Layout - Bangalore
    Procedure was as follows:
    a) Foam wash
    b) 3m Clay application
    c) Interior Complete Cleaning
    d) Then rubbing procedure with some 3m rubbing compound
    e) Then applied 3 m luster shine cound of compound
    f) Final coat was 3 m wax
    g) Engine Dressing
    f) Cleaned alloy & Tyre Dressing
    g) Head light glass scratches removal & headlight glass restoration with special 3m equipments

Over all treatment 4.5 hours Results - Excellent back view punto.jpg front view.jpg 20130727_171149.jpg 20130727_155858.jpg
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Mayur,
    Awesome work done on your car..now she's looking like a sporty red hot hatch:p..Hats off to 3M guys..in 1st pic i m seeing that ur left rear bumper is misaligned,get it aligned properly..
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013