1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally, solution to USB,AUX,IPOD REAR camera and GPS!!

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by harryaviator, May 25, 2014.

1. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    COntrary to everyones advice, and the cost involved, and not for the first instance, went ahead with what my heart said and listened a bit to the head too..
    I was never in favour of an aftermarket stereo as it could never give the dashboard, the same neatness and looks of the OEM HU.

After a lot of struggle, and a helluva lot of research, went ahead with the purchase of the system below.\

IMG_20140525_215811.jpg

dme f100d.jpg

The HU is awaiting its rightful place on my beauty, cos of two pending issues, for which, I need the help of one and all.. all suggestions on the below mentioned issues are welcome.(IN KOCHI)

1. Not been able to get the OEM harness for linking up the steering mounted controls of my car(which i had retrofitted), mine being a 2011 emotion model

2. The unit is black in colour. Need a DIY or a very professional guy who can change the colour of the facia to Golden, keeping up the same theme of the existing dashboard.. (this has the highest priority)

- - - Merged Post - - -

PS. sorry for the poor picture quality,
    clicked from my phone cam..
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I can't think of a proper solution for question 1.

Painting is tricky too given that text printed on the panel is difficult to replicate unless professional equipment is used.

I thought you said you cancelled the order/ it was out of stock something. Cost break up please, how much did you pay to customs?
  3. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    had cancelled the blue power thingy..
    but the itch was so strong that, I got one sourced from the motherland of FIAT..

Cost breakup will be posted in a couple of days time...
    was out of station for a few days post ordering the item on the 15th of may. When i got back on the 23rd, saw the courier on my dining table.. the house maid had collected it on my behalf.. Havent paid a single penny as customs(too good to be true.. hence waiting for a couple of days to see if the postman/courier guy comes back!!! ).. all in all, took 08 days for delivery post ordering the item..

- - - Merged Post - - -

I can live without the text on the panel.. switches wont be coloured.. thats all.
  4. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    How about converting the central panel to black?
    2 people like this.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ That's easier actually. The AC console can be left as is.

Great that you didn't have to pay customs. I'm sure they marked it as a gift on the customs declaration stuck on the package? How much did they mark the value as on the declaration.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    What is this product?
  7. solomon13

solomon13 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    search for Digital media elcttronica (dme). The website is in italian language and the price is 414 euros i believe. Couldn't understand how to order one . With hope waiting for update from harryaviator for more details.
  8. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    Hi harryaviator...thanks for posting this... But awaiting for more details on model number of the product, cost, from which online store it was shipped etc.... Is it a touch screen and video screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Didn't you get the highlighted cable along with the kit, i think that's what you need?

autoradio.jpg
    Last edited: May 26, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3