1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally Reined the 'SNOW LEOPARD', My LineaTjet Plus.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by S A SHAH, Mar 29, 2012.

1. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Every Body at TFI,

I'm Dr. Shakeel Ahmad Shah, teaching Chemistry at NIT, Srinagar-6. I've been hunting for "Snow Leopard" since last 1 and a half year, but was unable to find one in the Jungles of Kashmir having only one FIAT sanctuary, Fair Deal Motors. They did not make me test-ride one T-Jet to finally decide the deal and moreover did not provide my favourite BNW. They had one SBB, 1325 kms on ODO, which was a reason to be away the better and moreover did not quote the price reasonably, that was an AMZ batch of T-Jet. I also did not impress upon making a test-ride.

Then I searched for the contact of National Garage,Jammu, got in touch with their sales executives, Mr. Chander and Mr. Sudesh who gave an overvhelming response to my enquiries. I was thrilled to know that they had BNW-Tjet+ in their stockyard received in October 2011 having a VIN batch of DMZ, all tyres of 1111 batch, Odometer reading of 7 Kms in stockyard, 35Kms in showroom with "H" present.

Making all sorts of enquiries, I finally booked tickets for me and my friend for 27th March.

I reached Jammu at 3.00PM on 27th, Sudesh(SA) picked me and my friend from the airport in his TD Punto-2012, straight to their stockyard, a big ground where about 350 vehicles were present and still a large area was open to test drive a vehicle comfortably.

I, ultimately, found the "Snow Leopard" lying gracefully under the shade of a tree,at last the "Hunter" and the "Beast" got an "eye to eye" contact. So it was the jungle of Jammu to let the pair meet.

My would-be Jet was almost ready to be presented to the would-be owner. First of all, I checked the Tyres, same batch, rubber spikes (as stressed by speedJet) were present on rear wheels and the spare wheel, front wheel rubber had a faint presence of the spikes.

The car was really maintained well during the storage period, they have a good number of staff(employees) for the job. Moreover, ever day starting and moving the car here and there has kept the car in good health.
    This car had no sign of being used, no rusting issues any where since this car had the parking place under the shed,they have a huge shed also for the purpose which also has a workshop housed therein.

My friend helped me in PDIing the Jet according the TFI-PDI list which I had with me in fully printed form. I had done full homework in this regard.

Then we went to their showroom, Jet was also brought there, I was convinced to handover my Draft of 7.7 lac + 15 thousand cash for further formalities. It was late till then, they promised to make full paperwork the next day till 11.30am.

Next day on 28th March, we reached the showroom at 10.30am, they requested for somemore time to get the Jet checked thoroughly in their service section for all possible leakages etc, the AC gas was less by 20% which was filled and other electronic checking done properly. Final washing was done to make it look like a real "Snow Leopard" ready to leap for it's destination under the reins of a passionate "Hunter".

The delivery was finally made at 2.00pm on 28th,hired a reliable driver and left for Srinagar.

I was very thankfull to Mr Sudesh and Mr Chander for their painstaking efforts to deliver the Jet in 1 and a half day only.
    From left,Mr Sudesh,Mr Chander and the "Hunter".

I came to Jammu in Jet by air and left for Srinagar in "Jet" by road.

I've really done something good for my-self for the first time.

I'm Happy.
    I reached Srinagar at 10.30pm watching H disappear at exactly 199 Kms in the Jungli-Highway.

Thanking you guys for immense support and help you've extended despite your busy schedule, this is what is worth being proud of being FIATians.

Thanks and regards.

S A SHAH
    Raaz, Giridhar, baz_303 and 8 others like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations Mr. Shah.

Note:- I am not able to see the pictures. Please check.
  3. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Happy motoring ..

PIC is an issue plz check
  4. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Hello Dr. Shakeel Ahmad Shah,

congrats, Awesome combo buying a T-jet in srinagar.
  5. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks everybody,
    Kindly find some pictures for viewing "SNOW LEOPARD" now available for my gracefull ride.
    Drive safe always.
    270320124350.jpg 270320124353.jpg 280320124380.jpg

First and second pictures above is "SNOW LEOPARD" readied in stockyard, last one was when the LEOPARD was ready to leap towards jungles of Srinagar next day.

SHAH,S A
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
    Raaz and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  6. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    The sales executives at National Garage,Jammu, Mr Sudesh(left), Mr Chander(center) were very helpfull, they did painstaking efforts to make the delivery in 24Hours. They deserve the applaud for doing some thing good to FIAT-india.
    280320124379.jpg

The passionate Hunter with Mr Sudesh
    270320124348.jpg

My friend checking the car as per the TFI-PDI list.
    270320124347.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Those are smashing photos. Congrats on getting the dream machine home
    1 person likes this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    A beauty in it's beautiful home.

Linea + Kashmir is a match made in heaven. We await some pics of the Linea with the stunning Kashmiri backdrop. ;)

All the best. Do take good care of the Jet. :up
    1 person likes this.
  9. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear speedJet,
    Thanks, you deserve,infact, a big THANK YOU for your persistant support and concern. It is really a decision you will never regret for.

I wish that your hunt for the Jet comes to a positive ending and you remain happy ever after.

SHAH,SA

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Dear Gurjinder, BIG BIG THANKS for your support and providing TFI-PDI link to ease my hunt. Definitely you will find the "SNOW LEOPARD" in the high altitudes very soon, the habitate it will love to stay in.
    Take Care,
    SHAH,SA
  10. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    On the way to Srinagar stop for light lunch. 280320124403.jpg 280320124402.jpg
    Raaz likes this.