Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by singh, Mar 1, 2012.
how many singhs are here with fiats??? would love to see that connection.
its an awesome car that you've bought.
keep on munching up the miles and you'll appreciate it more and more.
drive safe, always wear a seatbelt.
The AC Compressor in MJD's doesn't switch off when set temp is reached all it does is reduce flow of refrigerant like in Home Inverter type AC's or commercial VRV/VRF Systems.
It switches off in only 3 conditions
1. Manually switch off the compressor by pressing ICE button on ACC
2. Too much load on engine like trying to climb up with rpm too low or pressing acc. pedal fully abruptly.
3. Engine overheating
Whats more interesting is even if cabin temp is 16 degree and you set temp in ACC to 28 degree the compressor will still be running. The AC compressor work's simultaneously with heater dehumidifying air to prevent fogging the windows.
All ACC works in Fresh Air Mode by default but some have pollution sensor in air intake area to sense pollution and switch to Re-Circulation mode when required.
Simple workaround is to just press re-circulation button everytime you switch on ACC after switching it off or never switch off ACC. If you don't switch off the ACC will remember the air circulation setting. In Fiat cars it's not required to switch off ACC before cranking engine as Body computer automatically switches off all accessories connected to it.
Congrats for your buy singh saab Minimal grey looking soo awesome.. Enjoy your ride and dont forget to write "Mr. singh" on the rear
Thanks Vijay for the information AND thanks all you guys , i will keep updating my experience . Most important is that AC cools brillinatly. Each day i find a new thing in car .
Still a lot more to experience.
After inventing all hidden features of which are not mentioned anywhere in owners manual & brouchere, inform me
I will disclose one more hidden feature of GP & Linea.
My car is now 600km old in 5 days . Just back from Shimla working on documentary (evolution of folk).
Now i can give my opinion on Punto , it is as follows
1. Very low noise , better than swift , when i roll windows up its very much silent .
2. AC is CHILLER , actually its superchiller .
3. Punto needs lots of gearing in city but light clutch equals the equation compared to other cars, in hills its gearing is boon , no car can overtake unless i want him to overtake.
4. Audio cd's(not mp3) are played better both in clarity and bass .
5. Headlights at high beam are not good light is scattered rather than focussing on road, its poor, i think they need adjustments manually with screw driver or 100/90 is solution , low beam is good, even fog lamps are very nice.
6.Turbo works after say 2100 rpm not 1750 as mentioned, you will not fee that but needle climbs in seconds to 90kmph.
7.Rear seat is angled high , means not much slanting back , thats why rear leg room feels ok
8. MID gives correct or near correct measurements when i drive for 5-10 kms on near constant speed, Distance to empty (Range) is correct . IC varies a lot even if u drive on same speed but gives correct figure when u see avg consumption.
9.Turning radius is ok , i dont know about other cars but its comparable to swift.(we have swift also)
10.The black finish between door and washer nozzles black plastic area on bonnet is very difficult to clean , dust just glues to it .
11. Tyres dont splash mud to body as in santro so it dont gets dirty .
All in ALL i am very satisfied with the purchase , whosoever saw the car was impressed with interiors and features , it gives a feeling that you have something which is very rare.
First of all my belated wishes for owning the beauty paaji .
Wish you lakhs of troublefree miles ahead with your beauty .
You can also try out Osram NB + which comes in same config . It is much better than the existing ones . And if you are not satisfied with it go for 100/90 .
The only complaint that i ever had in my Punto. Buy some liquid polish & rub it every week or so. The plastic is very cheap with terrible low quality & isn't worth even free of cost. I won't mind dust settling & looking cheap if it doesn't spoil the the poetical look of the Punto. Punto looks so sophisticated, full of aura but the cheap plastic manage to stand out even when seen from a distance of 200 feet:A. You have to work hard with it.
---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------
That's a shock to me. I found lesser gearing to one of it's advantage. Have you tried changing all 5 gear without using the accelerator at all? If not pls try this. Even with 5 people on board & AC on, you can leave Punto in 4th@20km/hr & 5th@30 km/hr & it will keep sailing without any accelerator assistance. Try it, you might be in for a surprise here:mrgreen:. You can do 0-35 km/hr & change all the gears in succession without using accelerator & won't hear any knocking (even if you are climbing a flyover with full load on the car).
Separate names with a comma.