1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by singh, Mar 1, 2012.

1. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Finally brought PUNTO 1.3 Emotion home after a year long wait . Spent 5 years with Santro Xing And Swift diesel . Sold off Santro in exchange for punto . Never wanted to sell Santro but had to due to budget constrains .
    Summer 2010 i was suffering from a chest tumour and condition worsened when i lost my job , Sometimes i used to sit utterly lost and dazed and othertimes downcast head with abstracted gaze , time kept flowing and i recovered in almost a year .
    Than was gripped by loan i took from frds relatives for hospital bills . Luckily i got job to write for Sanjh, a quarterly magazine in Canada . Now working as research analyst in BBC Bristol .
    My job requires journeys to far ends or north india . i was always looking for a comfortable ride , both santro and swift are very bumpy on roads i travel .
    So started to look for Hatch .
    My first choice was i20 simply because i bought santro with my salary and was biased towards Hyundai .
    Visited showroom of Hyundai near to my home , they were not interested in selling or telling anything . First thing they told me is 3 months waiting period , i felt bad on their behaviour:oops:, Hyundai in that time was drowned in fame of fluidic verna . Test drive is far thing they also didnt had brochure . My manager have i20 asta crdi , i drove his car , everything was ok power , suspension . But AC was terrible , even my manager was frustrated of that . So it was obvious rejected.
    One can compromise many features but AC have to be good in indian cars .
    Polo tried , waited for 5 min atleast before SE came finishing gossip with Receptionist , and keep on telling VW is very big brand and sells big cars , no.1 in Europe, polo is just for india :eek: . Got my signatures atleast 10 times just to give test drive .
    Polo was good both ride and comfort . ACC may not be a big thing but omission in 7.5 lac premium hatch is intolerable i my view. than showed me their service centre , i noticed the spares and labour is too much and not justified .
    Swift we already have and dont want another .
    Punto was never considered .
    One day mom saw punto on road and asked me which car , i told her than she said why dont u go for this it looks so beautiful . I said after sales is bad and watever i knew , thats y its so less on road .
    Than mom said i should consider Punto , its look elegant and i will not be bored to see her like alto or swift , so many on roads.
    So visited Tata-Fiat .
    A man welcomed me and took me to concerned SE . SE was speaking english which could not be understood , i asked him to speak hindi or punjabi . Than he opened up , started with brochure , told prices and took me to each model showing differences . It was good to see sales person so involved and wanting to sell the car .
    Test drive car was not available , but he promised to come to my home by evening , and he was exact on time and I drove it for 20kms Than jumped to rear seat , it was comfortable unlike swift , angled very well .
    I liked both car ans sales staff , but phobia of after sales was not going .
    Read many reviews , ownership experiences . My top priority was comfort( Ride-AC-Equipment) , everycar has one or two missing things and Punto became most eligible .
    Read more and more on Fiat and Punto . Also govt price hike on diesels was in mind . Finally booked 1.3 emotion .
    Loan took 10 days to pass , as my salary is in foreign currency and i am not paying any taxes . Paid half and half was loaned.
    Punto emotion has so many things equipments , and in night the effect of ACC-CD PLAYER-SPEEDO looks cool .controls on steering are illuminated along with Power window panel , even 12v SOCKET was illuminated . Feels like sitting in cockpit.
    Few pics of today ,
    Tomorrow will paste many detailed pics , inside out .
    DSC_0282.jpg DSC_0283.jpg DSC_0284.jpg DSC_0276.jpg DSC_0286.jpg
    5 people like this.
  2. Congrats Singh.. Happy journey with Punto...
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Happy Journey!!
  4. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Copngrats.......
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Singh paaji. You don't know many hidden features of the car yet, I am sure. The speed sensor of the car is wired to door ajar audible warning, handbrake audible warning, speed limit warning system, front wipers in intermittent mode, speed volume of music system, my car settings and blue and me settinvs. Its such an advanced car.

Happy Puntoing!!
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Congrats!
    Please share the manufacture month and date of delivery.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Baht Baht Mubarkan! ( Hearty Congratulations)

Minimal Grey gives an elegant touch to the Punto. For your requirement of journeys to far off places, Punto is the perfect choice.

Cheers.
  8. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Congrats and happy to hear that you are back to normal and punto will make you feel the pleasure of driving a driver's car.
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    your mom really has an eye for good looking girls. am sure she will be of great help if you yet to tie knot. and congratulations on buying a hot hatch. enjoy the excellent ride quality.
    3 people like this.
  10. what an impressive car congrats on your car and what is your OTR of your beauty