1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally Punto 1.3 Emotion Coming Home

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Manju, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manju

Manju Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello,

Am writing this post even before getting hands on my new Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Emotion (Tuscan Wine) that is to be delivered on 10/23/2014.

Why Fiat Grande Punto?
    Around 4 years back, i was at Concord motors for my Tata Indigo service. I got to see Linea, and the first look and feel was so impressive and took a test drive. Loved it a lot. It is masculine , One can feel the muscle. From then on i was hoping one day i own a Linea. Untill now my wallet didnt allow me to go for new car. even now it isnt allowing me to go for a Sedan (And i am not a big fan of compact Sedan).

Requirements:
    Budget of 7+/-0.5 K, petrol or diesel as my usage is around 12k kms a year. safety-ABS and airbags a must. Impression of safety as you drive for first time.

Based on above requirements i zeroed on i20 for petrol and Punto for diesel. Between Punto Grande and Pnto Evo, my choice was Gande Punto as emotion varient is 1.4 lac cheaper than Evo Emotion (with discounts ofcourse). Finally voted for Grande Punto 1.3 Emotion over i20 petrol Sports as both are costing the same. Felt more secure in Punto as i could feel metal not plastic. Always Diesel over petrol for tourbo kick. And my crush over Linea few years ago influence the decision. Above all Wify's requirements was top safety features and a good looking car. And she liked the design straight away. So selection got pretty much easier.

But i have to compromise on few things. This car i am getting is March/2014 manufactured (verified by VIN). Hope there will be no issues as it came out of factory 7 months ago. It is a closed down model but nothing has changed except the senses like visual appeal, soft touch dash etc. Everything else, the heart (engine), the skeleton(chassis), muscle(build) remained same.

Hence here come finally Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 Emotion, Tuscan Wine:
    Delivery:

Today i am handing over my Indigo which i exchanged and meantime have a PDI as well. The Beacon is scheduled for registration tomorrow and delivery on Thursday, 10/21.

Fellow team Fiatians any advise and suggestion on PDI, Delivery and post delivery are greatly anticipated and appreciated. Next post will be with my Punto Wine.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
  2. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great Choice. I had prepared a PDI document for self after reading through some information online. Sharing the same with you , might save you some time if you have not already done it.

Unable to upload the word document as it is showing error. Think .doc files are not supported in TFI, so converted to PDF. If you need the word document ( to edit ) let me know your email id and shall share it with you.

Attached Files:

Manju likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    prabhjot and Manju like this.
  4. Manju

Manju Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @kunwar.g Thanks a ton, actually i started compiling PDI checklist from various sources. But this will save me lot of time and effort. pdf is good enough.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Manju

Heartiest congratulations on the buy. The wait to get the hands on the beauty must be nail biting I am sure. I hope you have the PDI checklist to ensure that the ownership starts on a blemish free note.

Since you exchanged your old car to the dealer I presume, ensure that the ownership transfer of the old car duly takes place with all formalities in place. You dont want any untoward surprises when you are enjoying the Punto.

Will wait for your initial ownership report with lots of pics. Happy owning a Punto.
    Manju likes this.
  6. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations for the ride.

Don't forget to take ncb of previous insurance policy while insuring your new vehicle. I think you can save some money if no claim has been put.
    Manju likes this.
  7. Manju

Manju Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks @ghodlur Yup will ensure everything is done. Thanks for advise.

Mod Note: Please do not type like this.... and do not use SMS lingo. Please refert to the TFI rules here - http://teamfiat.com/threads/tfi-rules.9288/
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Is this also covering what is already put-up by Mods and other TFIans on forum. Looks quite comprehensive.

@ramjn, @Ravi, Mods, can we add this as an extra list with the one already there, perhaps with additions/subtractions or modifications?
    Manju likes this.
  9. Manju

Manju Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yup. This is the compilation from different sources and from mods too.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It could mean it deserves to be on the PDI page. :confused: The descriptions are detailed at places.
    @ramjn, @Ravi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.