1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally my blue Punto is here!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by L0dest0ne, Sep 29, 2011.

1. L0dest0ne

L0dest0ne Novizio

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello friends..its been a long time since my first post, but finally my FTA Punto 90hp is here!

Let me quickly run through my initial experience.

Owning a Fiat Punto:

This is my first car and definitely the first Fiat in my family. Like it or not, Fiat either has a negative reputation or people don't know much about it all, if they haven't used one. If they have owned one, thats a different issue ;) Anyhow, despite advise from friends and family, I went ahead and booked an FTA 90hp in August, because it was the one car I felt a connect with right away. I would say that Swifts and i20s and Figos are good cars, but they are all just cars. Punto is a car with life and character. Another reason why I liked it was, the drive experience felt right away to me like my Enfield Standard 350 ...solid, unruffled and unmatchable. And once my wife-to-be fell in love with the looks, there were no doubts.

I booked my Punto from AutoLinks in Hauz Khas, New Delhi. They promised me the car in 15 days. And soon after the Fiat after sale fears surfaced. 15 days became 30 and soon 45 days of torture where every day got me more and more frustated. The dealers did give me a lot of "goli" but to their credit, they did not lose their patience wth my temper and impatience. Finally the car arrived 45 days after we booked it, but since it was sraadh, we decided to pick it on the first day of the navratras (every day the car spent in the stock yard made me worse :sad1) But, finally we got it, on an auspicious and alarmingly busy day at the dealership :)

The car cost me Rs.7.5 lac on road with the usual freebies like mats, mudguards, car cover etc thrown in.

First Impressions:

The car shows about 130 km on the odo now. I have driven in heavy traffic and in relatively free roads in Central Delhi this morning.

The car is a real looker and people pay attention on the roads. She certainly attracted a crowd in my office parking lot (its a definite she, unlike Old Man Bullet :D)!

The steering and handling is as delicious as members here have said. She goes over most potholes with a soft 'dhak' and barely a tremor in the cabin. The engine is more silent than I thought, confusing me at times whether the engine is off or not! Braking is good too.

One feels safe and cosy inside.

I was a little apprehensive of the plastics having used the test drive car and was fully expecting my glovebox to fall off on day one itself :D. But I have been given a nice surprise. The plastic quality seems good in the car, with a softer, sleeker finish to the parts. The black and grey toning on the doors insides really go well with the blue outside.

I havent tinkered much with Blue & Me, will leave that to my better half. But I must say, I loved that voice ;)

The gears are not as effortless compared to the i20 and the Swift. I hope it will get a little lighter as I drive. The 1st gear is good, with a nice growl when pushed up the steep incline in our underground parking. So far the 2nd has troubled me with its lack of fizz and depth, but 3 is really versatile and 4-5 are good too.

Parking is a bit of a circus where I live and I have found it a little hard so far. I'll need to get used to the longer nose and those thick pillars at the back.

I haven't even bothered to look at the mileage so far, will do that gradually. Especially once, I manage to get on to some loong drives :)

Its been as good as I hoped it would be so far and I am looking forward to more. Will keep you updated with the progress :)

A couple of views of the beauty are below :)

Le Blue 011.JPG

Le Blue 008.JPG
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Let me be the first one to congratulate you...
    i must say your thread title is a little catchy since electric blue color has been discontinued...
  3. L0dest0ne

L0dest0ne Novizio

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you shams! :) I think electric blue was a much deeper shade of blue.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    fiats are still rare in delhi if i am not wrong.. was there for 2-3 days an year back and did not see any fiat car on the roads..
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay welcome to Team FIAT India.... and congratulations for new mighty 90HP Punto :)

Nice photos and upload few more photos.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

Congrtz on your beauty, @L0dest0ne. I might be mistaken, but I think FTA is the most rare color on 90HP variants. Please do upload more snaps.
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A big congrats on laying your hands on the best beauty out there. cheers
  8. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Welcome to 90hp stable zone :) Im sure you will love your beast everytime you are on driver seat. Please dont cross 2k RPM for each gear shift for first couple of 2000kms atleast. More information will be given by fellow members on maintaing run-in period.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats on buyong the 90hp buddy. That too in FTA. :)
    The sales experience has got nothing to do with the after sales service part and don't count on the sales experience as TATA ranks at the bottom when it comes to sales experience as per the recent JD Power Asia Pacific dealership experience rankings.