1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally my Avventura 1.4 has arrived. Had a few questions!!!

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.4' started by Praveen Posina, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Praveen Posina

Praveen Posina Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.4
    I just picked up an Avventura 1.4 Fire Active. After much thought and going back and forth between the Punto 1.2 Dynamic and Avventura 1.4 Active, I finally decided to go with the Avvy. Although it took me a bit of getting used to the new engine, the clutch and hydraulic steering wheel (considering I have been driving Japanese machines till now), but once we were at peace with each other, the spin has been fun...

Now for the questions -

1. My digital ODO does not show mileage, temperature etc. It only shows Kms & Time, how do I set this.

2. I am very confused on the mileage. What is the realistic mileage I can expect in a city like Bangalore?

- The showroom guy said there was 5 liters of Petrol in the car
    - I filled it with another Rs. 1000 (roughly 16 liters)
    - When it hit the reserve mark (Orange light blinking) I filled the tank to the brim (roughly 38 liters)

Now, the vehicle has run roughly a little less than 400 kms. The fuel indicator needle stands at the 3rd stop from E to F which is about quarter of the tank I am guessing (correct me if I am wrong). What is my Mileage??? Is it normal or should I get it checked???

3. I fit a Blaupunkt Single Din Stereo. The head unit was not a straight fit, I had to buy a replacement aftermarket frame to fit the stereo, is this how it is to be done or is there a way I can still use my original fitment? (This is the first time I am facing such issues with basic fitment for a car, just worried if I doing it correctly.
    gpunto75 likes this.
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Congrats on the Avvy.

you should wait for 2-3000 kms for the engine to set-in .and then mileage would be better .
    best thing is. Go on a long drive/leisure drive . you will complete the first few kms and get to know the Avvy's highway manners as well.

You can expect 12-13km in Blore city . and 16 on highways .
    prabhjot and Praveen Posina like this.
  3. Praveen Posina

Praveen Posina Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.4
    Thanks Sujit508. I just did my math and as of now I am getting a mileage of 8.5 - 9 kms in Bangalore city. Planning to hit the highway end of the month, hoping I get a better average there. But your point seems fair, I cannot rule out the fact that the engine needs to settle in...thanks again for your inputs. Will keep posting more on this as and when I experience stuff. Cheers!
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2016
  4. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats for the Avvy Praveen. Please check if the MID is showing ltr/100 Km. then please change this to Km/Ltr.
    Praveen Posina likes this.
  5. Praveen Posina

Praveen Posina Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.4
    Thanks Murphy_Fiat, I just checked the Trip...it shows l/100 kms, how do I change it to Km/Ltr. ?
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    My car setting allow you to change the units. Please refer to the manual, you should be able to do it in a couple of mins.
    Praveen Posina likes this.