1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally joined the Fiat Club against all odds

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Saumil, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Saumil

Saumil

Ghaziabad
    I have been driving a Maruti Suzuki Wagon-R (My first car) for the past 5 years and honestly I love my car. Now after over 5 years with my Wagon-R, my wife and myself thought of upgrading to a Sedan or SUV or a very feature rich hatchback with a budget of 8 Lakh (6 lakh + Value of our Car). So we began our search in Mid October (Dusshera time).
    Now I also drive a Hyundai Santro(My Father's) & Chevrolet Spark (My FIL's) quite frequently and out of these I quite like the Santro. Then I have driven Swift, SX4 and Honda City (Courtesy My friends and relatives). So we decided to check out the following cars:
    1. Mahindra (Quanto & XUV500)
    2. Maruti (Swift Dzire, Ertiga & SX4)
    3. Hyundai (Grand i10, i20 & Verna)
    4. Honda (Amaze & City)
    5. Ford (EcoSport)
    6. Toyota (Etios)
    7. Volkswagen (Vento)

Fiat was no where in the picture when we started.
    I did extensive research on all these cars, talked to various dealers and did test drives for most of them.

Now, did not like the Quanto, XUV500 is a beauty but too expensive, Loved all the Maruti Cars, Grand i10 is a lovely car but too small, i20 is overpriced, Liked the Verna but only the top end which was beyond my budget, Amaze good car but did not click, Honda City again liked the top variant but did not fit my pocket, EcoSport my first choice but petrol variant not available till the next 10 months atleast, Etios a great car but didn't like the interiors and finally the Vento again top end out of bound :)

Choice came down to Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire, Ertiga (My son (2.5 yr old) loves it ... calls it 'Mere Dad ki Maruti' and did not want us to see any other car), Amaze and Etios.

After a lot of discussions within the family and with my friends finally decided to go with an Ertiga. We wanted the fiery Red Color but were not able to find it with any dealer in Delhi-NCR so decided to either book one and wait for a month or buy a Granite Grey one. Just when I was going to the dealer with a cheque for the booking amount a friend of mine suggested to try the Fiat Linea. Though I did not want to buy a fiat because of the reviews on the internet which said about the bad after sales / service etc, I thought of giving it a try.

I talked to a sales guy in Fiat about the Linea and he came over to my place the next day with a T-jet Emotion. I will give the test drive details later but after that I was like 'Wow!!! Was that a car or a jet on wheels'. I fell in love with FIAT that very moment. Talked to my family but all were against it, Most of my friends advised against it plus the price too was too high. Meanwhile the sales guy offered me a test drive of 1.4 FIRE Dynamic - In my budget and feature rich, engine nothing compared to the T-jet but not bad when compared to others.

Anyways people gave me all reasons for not buying a fiat ... Poor After Sales... Non Availability of parts ... Expensive Service ... Poor RSA ... but despite all these I still wanted to go with that Linea.

After a lot of convincing and playing a salesman in my house I finally made my wife and parents agree to a Linea and we booked it on 1st November 2013.

I was promised the delivery on 6th November, 2013 but am still waiting for it as the dealer says it is still in transit and is getting delayed because of Diwali holidays in between. So this is how I am now a part of the Fiat Club (Though still waiting for my Tuscan Wine Linea 1.4 FIRE Dynamic)
    5 people like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Saumil thats a long and interesting story buddy.

Welcome to Team FIAT India and that was wise decision. Do upload buying experience and lots of photos on D Day.
  3. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Congratulations on the new buy ! Everyone who buys a Linea are inside salesman at homes.. takes a lot of convincing .. i can relate to your experience..:smile:
  4. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Hi Saumil , Just like all other Fiatians you just went with what your heart said which all cannot do it..I appreciate that and many Congratulations.
  5. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats Saumil, welcome to Fiat Club :) I have same colour as yours TW , give it a 3M treatment and see the magic of Linea TW :)
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congratulations. Enjoy it :)
  7. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Congratulations on your new car.
    Don't worry about it being late by a few days [happened to me as well]. Have fun with it and be safe!

Asif
  8. Sujay

Sujay Amatore

New Delhi
    Congratulations and welcome to the FIAT club
  9. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    Congratulations !!!
    Welcome to this wonderful platform of Fiat lovers , you will love it.

Shrinivas Patil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome, you have taken the right step by listening to your Heart, and sure ur fly members will be amazed on his drive and comfort..
    Wishing you a peacefull delivery...