1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally it happened... Punto evo

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Rama, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Finally it happened..... the baby comes home on 19th June !!

I was looking for a hatchback with a budget of about 6.5L and was eagerly waiting for relaunch of Honda Jazz. But, I always loved Punto for its beautiful design. My father was interested towards Honda cars. In the process, firstly I visited Honda show room for enquiring about Honda jazz. They informed that it is planned for launch in July. Then I checked Honda Amaze. (One of my friend owns Honda Amaze petrol, he suggested to go for it). At the first look, I didn’t had that any great feeling inside when I saw the car. Then next step was for Punto Evo. During the research and subsequent discussions with my colleague (Mr. Vibhor , who owns GP MJD ), I understood that in most of the cars, diesel engines used are from FIAT. In the mean time during research in internet, I found TFI and got lot of confidence and understood the history of Fiat Cars. (After receiving lot of negative inputs from other non Fiat owners).
    I didn’t had any interest in MS & Hyundai in the hatchback segment. I checked the Polo too. But due to high maintenance cost, I ignored it.
    Then on Saturday evening (3rd week of may), at about 6pm, myself and father visited Kashyap fiat, Ohkla ,Delhi. (We have informed earlier that we will come in the evening.) After seeing the Punto Evo (Red color was Brilliant) there, I felt that this is my car. My father said this car is good in design and build quality is superb.
    I was happy inside that my father has started liking Punto Evo.
    Dealership offered TD, but I didn’t drive as I am new to driving. ( I was confident after reading reviews from TFI that this car is great!!)Within the budget of 6.5L, I thought to go for Punto Evo Active version (MJD) and informed dealership that I will finalize the deal on Monday and left showroom.
    On Monday the representatives came and after discussions the deal has been finalized and I paid booking amount. During the process, I booked Dynamic variant 1.3MJD, pearl white color. (for ADS with EBD & Inbuilt Music system and few more features). I was planning to take delivery on 22nd June (on my birthday). But as 19th June is auspicious, I informed that I will take delivery on 19th June. As the car is already in the stock, after 2 weeks I inspected the car. They informed me during the booking that car will be from Noida dealer ship. The ODO reading was H67km.
    We reached the showroom on 19th morning and took PDI checklist of TFI and took printouts and verified the VIN number, Engine number, Chasis number and paid balance amount and took the delivery of the car. The car is April 2015 manufactured one.
    So far the Experience with dealership was good. I felt left pull while driving and took car to KF, Okhla on the weekend and they checked the tire pressure and swapped the front tires. It seems better now.
    Once again, I am thankful to Vibhor and TFI. In case of any grammatical mistakes, please ignore.

IMG_7353.JPG

IMG_7362.JPG
  2. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    In continuation to the above post, after about 4 months and about 3000 Kms on ODO, the overall experience with the car is good, expect few niggles. Thanks a lot once again to all TFI team members.
    The OTR with Zero dep insurance was 7.1L (1.3MJD Punto Evo Dynamic, Pearl White, April 2015 manufactured. Took Delivery on 19th June)
    a) First the positives (Few of which liked the most)
    · Build quality
    · Brilliant steering
    · THUD sound from doors (I love it), feeling so safe in the car.
    · Wipers (the delayed wipe)
    · Stability at high speeds
    · Doors Auto lock at 20kmph.
    b) Accessories/additions to car:
    · RP sensors with Camera from FASS – 7.5K.
    · FIAT Door visors from FASS -2.3K
    · Anti Rust coating from FASS – Approx 2.8K (During monsoon camp, there was 10% discount offered. So, went ahead. But later found that, its not required for Fiat Cars.)
    · PU seat covers (approx 5K).
    · Floor mats and key chain from 99rpm – Approx 1.2-1.3K (don’t remember exact)
    · Placed order for Magnetic sunshades today. (Snap deal -799 rs)
    · And, TFI Stickers too.
    · Planning for fog lamps in future.
    c) Long trips/Highway Drives: Went to Karnal (TFI meet), went to Murthal (3 times till now), Went to Mathura with my mom and sister.
    d) Mileage: Best was 27.4kmpl (During Mathura trip, took Yamuna Express way, Avg Speed was 75-80kmph). In city for first 100-200kms, it was about 10-13kmpl. Now its 16.6kmpl. I am not much bothered about mileage, but just sharing the details.
    e) Niggles / small issues:
    · Left pull was there from day one, it was solved by KF FASS after explaining and TD to about 3-4 Service guys. Only one guy accepted that there was left pull. They swapped front tyres and done alignment for free. (Went ahead as they informed that till first service, wheel alignment is free). So far, its fine.
    · Exactly after 2 weeks of purchase, during parking at home (It was Saturday, raining heavily at that time), somehow, I misjudged and left rear door and rear fender has rubbed with wall. That night I couldn’t sleep well because of that dent and Next day (Sunday) was TFI North India Meet at Karnal. I thought not to attend the meet, but attended with heavy heart. It was a very good experience. I got opportunity to drive in rain on highway at high speed. (For me, high speed means 80-95kmph at that time). So, on Monday visited Kashyap fiat (Okhla) for the repair work. They completed the work in 2 weeks. But they couldn’t match the paint completely. They have already done repaint for 2 times. Still trying to match. I am still visiting KF for the same.
    · Rusting found at 2-3 places, KF FASS told that they will re-paint or replace parts. I have to visit them again for paint-match, hope these too get solved.
    · On the left side of Rear bumper, the paint was not matching with rest of car. Must be defect from Factory itself. I didn’t observe during PDI or it arrived after few days. Not sure of this. However, KF FASS repainted that too not matching completely.
    f) Overall Experience with FASS: So far so good, Expect for this paint mis-match issue. Hope this gets solved soon. Went to both the camps. (Monsoon camp in July & October camp)
    g) Overall Experience with Car: so far so good. Hope it continues. The best thing is, I don’t why, I always want to drive. This could be due to my newly acquired driving skills/interest or its Punto growing on me, day by day.
    Once again, thanks to all TFI members and special thanks to NCR TFI Team. In the last few months, learnt so many things about 1.3MJD (Turbo band) and fiat cars.

In case of any grammatical mistakes, pl ignore. Photographs also enclosed.

Attached Files:

• Pics.pdf
      File size:
      972.3 KB
      Views:
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Great going @Rama. As people say, Fiats always want to get driven, its an addiction. Enjoy :D
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Firstly heartiest congratulations on getting home the Punto.

Secondly sad to know that the painting was not upto the mark. If the FASS has not done a job to satisfaction, report it to Fiat India. Unfortunately fog lamps would not be installable by FASS, a few TFIians have tried this but Fiat has not encouraged it. You can give it a try but will have to get it done from outside plus it will need some ECU programming to be done.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
    Rama likes this.
  5. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @ghodlur : I am still in discussions with them. Expecting to solve this issue in the next week positively. Actually, there are some modifications/upgradations going on in the body shop. That's the reason for delay. Thanks.
  6. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Completed 6 months on 19 Dec. Now Odo at 5.7k kms. First service done at 4.8k kms, just after TFI meet @geejgarh. The paint mis-match issue also solved. (99.5%). Mileage in city : 17.4kmpl. Highway : 22-23kmpl.

Don't know, since this is my first car or its a fiat, still addicted to it even after 6 months !!
    pabhishek, gpunto75 and prabhjot like this.
  7. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great going @Rama,
    Wish you a many more happy miles.

you've mentioned above about RP sensors with Camera (from FASS – for 7.5K)
    Can you please share the pics and part number detail.
    Regards.
  8. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks @gpunto75, the RP Sensors with camera were of Autocop (Park pro). Model no : PPP1000. The camera screen has been mounted on IVRM.
    The issue which i am facing is unable to use IRVM at night (for glare - can't adjust like IRVM) and once you engage reverse gear, it takes about 2-4 seconds to activate.
    Please take care for first point. Remaining its fine. i am using from last 5 months.
    gpunto75 likes this.
  9. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    After 9 months and Approx 7.5k km, only one word " its addictive and still addicted". Just finding reasons to drive.
    Only one minor issue, some times, i feel vibration of gearlever in 3rd gear. it is felt more on bad roads. Visited FASS, they suggested its fine. They took TD and didn't found anything. Have to wait and see.
    Ps_ and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  10. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Odo at 10.5k. So far so good.

Attached picture from todays morning drive at India Gate, Delhi

IMG_9616-1.JPG
    Karan, Giridhar, Ravi_M and 1 other person like this.