1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally it happened... Punto evo

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ganges, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Turbothinghy , thanks!!
    The price difference is about 1 lakh. Initially i was planning for active variant, but after reading reviews online, TFI, I have booked dynamic variant for ABS with EBD & integrated music system ( IMO no alterations after purchase from market). I will try again for EMOTION variant with dealer for any discount.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are in for a big surprise if you are expecting some hifi music system. Don't think it will be any good than some chinese stuff, but there were rumours of fiat plonking jbl speakers last year, confirm it.
  3. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    yeah, i will check. thanks
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The speakers are better (JBL) in Evo when compared to GP but still not great. Also you would be missing on front tweeters as I guess front component speakers are present only in the emotion variant.
  5. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Punto Evo 1.3 MJD dynamic reached home today!!!! Proud owner of FIAT car
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @varunrtr, I find the music system/speakers of Linea facelift pretty good. They are pretty rocking even when the volume is set at 10. One of my friend owns a new Honda city and Linea's music setup is so many times better than it. Any specific concerns you have.
    mangeshtendulkar and prabhjot like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Saket Sidana

I guess you and me aren't audiophiles, high-fidelity (at louder volume?) types. I too find the Linea's system+speakers amply better than the admittedly dud ones on the earlier Lineas (2009...). The Punto Evo/Avventura's is presumably the same setup as the Linea, at least in emotion trim? The Tata Zest music etc is head, shoulders...and many ears better than anything from anyone else south of the d-segment, though, it must be said.

@varunrtr @Turbothinghy
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.
  8. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    The music system is really good in Punto Evo also.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot : Even i am not an audiophile but I do respect good music and it plays an important part in my life. As you said Zest has an impressive stock ICE that only polo highline and Ford fiesta/ecosport can give a fight.

I don't have problems with Evo ICE setup but yes I would be upgrading the speakers in the near future with Morel components and co-axials and later with a 4 channel amp :rolleyes:
    varunrtr and prabhjot like this.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Once you get used to hearing good music from a good speaker, i guess you also will never be able to enjoy the music from stock fiat ICE . Even I cant call myself an audiophile of any level, but i enjoy good music and the quality makes a massive difference..Hence I just upgraded to a minimalistic set up, this is our first car but have good home audio and headphones, so couldnt adjust with sub par quality!! @prabhjot @Saket Sidana
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.