1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally ICED my Fiat Punto 90HP which is rocking now

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by sandeep8088, Sep 11, 2011.

1. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

My Punto 90HP was ICED with the following :

1. HERTZ EV 165L [Energy Series] Component Speakers for front doors-8.5K

2. HERTZ DCX 165 [Dieci Series] Co-axial Speakers for rear doors-3.5K

3. JBL GT5-S644 Amplifier 4 channel-7.2K

4. POLK 8" db 840 Sub-Woofer-5K

5. Converter-4.5K

6. Sub Box-1K

EVERYTHING WITH BILL AND WARRANTY

Total cost of the entire set up including wiring, installations is 32,000 rupees.

Believe me My car Punto now Rocks to the core

Place Done : FINAL TOUCH [Mission Road, Bangalore],

Done under Mr AKASH. He is too good in audio stuff. Neat and clean installation overall. Hertz speakers are top class. Im totally satisfied with the entire Set up and My Punto 90HP sounds awesome and amazing. Its Rocking. 1.gif
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sounds great that you are satisfied with your audio install. Do share pics of the install and the equipment
    which high/low converter have u used

Need a review need a review
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sandeep, nice update buddy. Can you share the photo of the converter and the Sub?

How much space did the sub use? Did you place it in boot? (I have heard from a forum member that 8" sub can be placed under the front passenger seat as well.)

Thing is that as boot space is vital for some, installing a sub is a big dilemma. There is a Kicker TC10 shallow sub made to conserve boot space.

2063tc10-o_wide-ca.jpg
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sir u can install a 10" sub in ur spare wheel well along with the spare tyre thats also one way of placing a sub and saving on vital boot space
  5. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

General query on amp. My JBL Amp has front and rear channel. Front channel to components and rear to Sub. SO in the front channel the small knob is placed at the position HP[high pass]. Three markings present on front and rear channels [HP,LP(Sub),Flat]. So as i mentioned front channels knob is placed at position HP. SO when coming to the rear channel which is bridged to the Amp should the knob be placed at LP(Sub) position? and then adjust the gain of the rear channel??

Waiting for replies

Yeah my sub was placed in the boot and it dint consume much space according to me. Will share the photos soon:)

Sure Phew :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011
  6. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

UPDATE : Changed my AMPLIFIER to HERTZ HE 4. The culprit for that hiss sound was the JBL Amplifier which was there earlier. Now after replacing it with Hertz HE 4, there is no hiss sound and the set up is perfect. Now all Hertz set up in my car with a Polk Sub Woofer.

The converter used was CONECTION
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Where are the pics and review my friend
  8. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

Sorry for the delay in uploading pictures. Will do the uploading of pictures soon as only sub woofer picture is possible as all others are fixed inside my car !:confused1

One small query. When i turn off the head unit after listening to music a slight[ very slight ] pop sound is heard from the speakers when the head unit along with amp is turned off. This pop sound is barely audible. Is this fine or any problem??

High to low converter used was Conection by Audison. As far as the review is concerned the entire set up sounds mind blowing. I have set the frequency level of both the LP and HP at around 120Hz. So this means below 120Hz goes to sub and above 120Hz goes to comps. Is this setting fine in general?

Waiting for your replies
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Better set the LP/HP at 80 hz as ur speakers will easily handle that much power at the given frequency, with the current setting the detailing and is taking a beating
  10. sandeep8088

sandeep8088

Oh ok sure will do that tomorrow and post the pics. Is this the reason for the slight pop sound when amplifier goes off. The frequency range setting in my amp ranges from 40Hz to 400Hz. So what you say is i should keep both HP and LP setting of this at 80HZ? So that will be just a small 15% round of the whole circle??right? there r 3 markings between 40Hz and 400 Hz so should i read it like 40Hz, 130Hz, 220Hz, 310Hz and 400Hz ?? So in yourcase 80Hz will mean just a small turn from 40Hz marking which will come like between the 40Hz and 130Hz marking?? Im confused !!
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011