1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally I am puntoed today !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by yen_susheel, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Ac filter below 250 and what type of top up they done check it
    Why 750? Cant understand
  2. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Hello All,

Yesterday I had trip from Bangalore to Chennai. Around 350 kms, the ride was very comfortable but I am not happy with the maximum speed of my Punto. At full throttle opening able to attain maximum speed of 130kmph. Unable to go beyond that. Tried to overtake a Swift but was unable to do. Only 2 Adults and one kid with around 10kg load in boot, but still could not achieve the magic figure of 160kmph. My vehicle completed 5k kms on ODO and completed 1st service as well. What can be done to make my Punto go more fast.

I have checked the tyre pressure, and nothing was there below the Accelarator pedal to obstruct.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is this your first highway drive or rather first time when you really tried to go full throttle open? How has been your driving style generally in the initial 5k kms? I mean aggressive or sober?
  4. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Well, this is not my first Highway drive, I had Hyderabad trip when the Odo reading was 1200, same thing happened. I thought after 5000kms and first service the performance should increase.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There wont be much of a difference after first service. Remember, its more of a general check up for Fiat as engine oils & fluids are replaced only after 15k kms. So, do not expect major difference after first service. Max, your engine should breath little easier due to cleaner air filter. At times, especially in newer vehicles, lot depends on your driving style as well. Initially, most of the people would have gone easier on throttle pedal due to 'run-in period' concept. So, ECU would have gotten used to a particular style of driving. When on a highway, when one tries to go hard on throttle all of a sudden, it does fail to respond. It happened in my Punto (though it was just over a 1000Kms then). It struggled to clock 160kmph initially but after couple of spirited drives (revving mjd beyond 4.5k rpm on occasions in various gears), the engine opened up nicely. Hence, asked about your driving style. Guess, there shouldnt be a problem with turbo as you were able to reach 130kmph speed without issues.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Can I reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery terminals and does this help? Also can I go upto 120kmph on 4th gear as I was worried it might damage engine, so once I cross 70kmph I will shift to 5th Gear is this a good practice, please advise.
  7. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I shift to 5th gear at 60, and even then was able to touch 170kmph once. Dont ask where :smuggrin: . Shifting to 5th at 70 is fine if you are trying to get to top speed. "At full throttle opening able to attain maximum speed of 130kmph" - Did you happen to note the Rev counter indication?

Just got my 1st service done, and as mentioned by @punto_emotion , 1st service is just a checkup and top-up of fluids. Actually the only top-up my Punto needed was for the wiper washer. :happy:
  8. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Well @yen_susheel not sure if you have a Emotion or a 90 HP. You need to keep redlining to get the maximum out of the engine. I have been able to touch 170 km before the road ran out. I had to brake due traffic. I could figure that there was still some steam left in my 90 HP and may have done around 190. I know of people who have done 185-190 on 90 HP. Doing 160 km is peice of cake now. The progress is slow though affter 140 and it takes some time to reach those speeds. You need to have roads open enough to be able to do those speeds.
    I have changed my driving sytle coming from petrol cars though out and usually drive my Punto above 2 K rpms even withinn the city. I do 3.5 - 4.5 K pretty frequently whenever I get some open roads. It depends on the driving style I guess. On my first long trip I too could not sustain above 140 km but slowly understood the behavior and can touch 160 km easily now.
    Planning to wolf my 90 HP soon and let it roar to glory in Map 4.
  9. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks for all your inputs I have Punto 75HP Active variant and the other day I was disappointed when a Swift car (VDI) overtook me and I could not catch that car as both the cars have same 75HP MJD engine and I was able to just manage 130 kmph speed, I was really upset. I will follow your guidelines and will get back with the results.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Since you stay in Bangalore, take your Punto on a spin on NICE road. Choose a time/day when traffic would be minimal and choose a stretch which is safe to floor the throttle and revv the MJD; which she deserves :D