1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally I am puntoed today !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by yen_susheel, Jul 27, 2014.

1. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Vecto is good at service as my cars back panel made of plastic which will be there inside C Pillar was defective and was coming out. When I went to Vecto for replacement within 30 mins it was replaced under warranty, very good experience with Vecto Motors @ Hosur Road.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 7, 2014 ---
    Can we clear the Airfilter without replacing? I do not think that AIR filter is the culprit as the car didn't even crossed 2000 kms.
  2. prvsnair

prvsnair Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hi susheel,

good to hear that. How much did it cost ? I have plastic from both A and C pillars coming out.

-Praveen
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    It should cost U 350 to 400/- and for me it was changed under Warranty free of cost.
  5. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I am writing after long time for my Punto. Last month I covered Hyderabad trip and recently had been to Mysore and Brindavan Gardens.

I am loving my Punto and I do not have anything to speak against it. It is really nice car to have sadly people have wrong perception for this Great car.

I was returning from Brindavan Gardens and the road is not good, as I was following a truck and all of a sudden there was a deep ditch and my Punto hovered it at 40kmph speed, I heard a sound coming from inside the bonnet, might be the Engine guard had taken the hit.
    The car has been normal but I am a bit worried as it might have damaged engine. I came to this conclusion because one of my friend had same situation with Honda Amaze and the impact was such that it hit the Engine guard and oil started leaking immediately, my friend had to spend 20k rupees to fix this damage, but in my case it seems the build quality of the Punto saved me. Still is it recommended to take the car to Service Center? My Punto completed 4100 kms and 1st free service is due, all is normal but I am still worried.
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just try to check visually the engine guard, it should be fine, it is a solid metal.
    And keep an eye if ant fluid is leaking below.

Get it checked in next servicing, at 5K KMs, if above things are fine.

And if your friend got his Amaze fixed in 20K, he is lucky :), those cars doesn't have proper under protection.
  7. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes I did check, as a matter of fact the moment my car took the hit I started looking for any oil under the bonnet but did not find any, anyways I will have it checked in the service. Is it recommended to get the Engine guard replaced if it takes any hit?
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not really, in most probability, even in big hit, it might required to straighten it.
  9. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    I want to increase the Ground Clearance of my Punto to 200MM. Is it possible, if it is then what will be the cost and what are the disadvantages of this. Please advise.
  10. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Suspension components may need change or tuning to maintain the handling and ride. This may not be recommended by Fiat.