1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally I am puntoed today !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by yen_susheel, Jul 27, 2014.

1. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Yesterday I went to Chennapatnam via Nice road and Punto delivered average Mileage of 22KM/litre which was excellent. I could see that the more familiar I am becoming with my Punto more Mileage it is delivering. I maintained 80 KM/hour speed consistently and even road also permitted as traffic was less.

Can anyone help me to know how much it wud cost to put front Fog lamps for my Punto Active. I was told at the showroom that it wud cost me 7k, but can I get the same from after market for less.
    renlouis likes this.
  2. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great susheel, Now I must say you thoroughly enjoy riding your Italian beauty. Who says only Maruti swift DDIS can deliver excellent mileage? :cool:

Majority rely on advertisements in newspapers and choose a car majority choose, the Swift! Do you know I booked punto without even test driving it!!! Reviews about punto praising its outstanding vehicle dynamics is all over popular automobile forums. Those were convincing enough for me. :) Punto, really a driver's car (amateur or professional) ; not only just concentrating on cosmetic features, bells and whistles like Korean cars.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I suggest get it done from FASC only, to avoid any complications on warranty.
    Do check http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/fog-lamps-for-punto-active.6881/ thread.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Friends,

I want to add 16 inch alloy wheel with the following tyre configuration

195/70 R16. Can this be added to my existing Punto. Also does the wheel arches of my Punto gives room for the big 16' alloy wheels.
    Please suggest.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    You wont be able to put 195/70 R16 tyres on the Punto. Simply for the reason that it wont fit in. Suggest you stick to 195/55 R16 size which comes with the Punto Evo.
    prabhjot and renlouis like this.
  6. vsivaku

vsivaku Novizio

bangalore
    R16 should fit the wheel well as punto evo has it and there is no change in the side profile. Iam waiting for offers on alloy (FIAT gives out once a while) to buy at a discount , and little bird in me tells that they will give out during October festive season to have it for my MJD active.
  7. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Friends,

As I have Oceanic Blue colored Punto, it is difficult to maintain the color, I finally overcame this issue. Previously whenever I used to wash my car, I wud have ended up with Swirl marks, but now I mastered the detailing process. Could just manage this not by going to 3M car care but doing it myself. May be my detailing process helps other dark color Punto owners to maintain their car body color.

Below are the steps we need to follow for maintaining the color of our car in Good shape and of course without going to professional detailers (3M)

1) Wash the car with a good car shampoo like 3M car Shampoo(550 bugs for 1litre pack) and dry the car.
    2) Apply a good polish like Meguar' s Ultimate Polish (800 bugs per pack) with a good applicator. Once we apply the polish need to wipe with a Micro fiber cloth (175 bugs for the set of 3). This will remove any mild swirl marks but not heavy and also restores perfect shine to the color like a Show stopper car.
    3) Finally we need to seal the color with a good wax like 3M wax (575 bugs per pack). Apply the wax on the body color in circular motion with the applicator which comes with the pack and wait for it to dry then wipe it off with a Micro Fiber cloth for that dazzling shine.

Note: Polishing and waxing should be done in shadow and not in sunlight. Also my suggestions are for new cars, for old cars we have to follow another step after washing and drying and that is removing any surface contaminants with the use of a Clay bar which I wouldn't want to go in detail.

Believe me, my car looks more awesome than when it was in the showroom. Believe you can also make use of detailing tips to maintain the color of your car. All you need is some time to spend with your car if you love it.
    himanshu4886 likes this.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    After Point 1, you will need to clay the car surface to remove all impurities which would not go with the regular wash and then do the Point 2 exercise.

On point number 2, using the ultimate polish with a rotary polish machine yeilds the best result which will reduce the minor swirl marks efficiently.
  9. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    How much does a rotary polish machine wud cost, any idea?
  10. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for such details of products with prices. I have a white linea and need to do some touch ups on rear bumper. Will order these products and follow your guide.