1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally I am puntoed today !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by yen_susheel, Jul 27, 2014.

1. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Today when I tried to blow Hot Air on the dashboard as it raised outside I observed that Heater is not working. I was surprised because it is not even 2 weeks since I took the delivery faced this issue. Will take the car to the service center at Vecto Motors, but I am feeling bad as how come a brand new car have this issue? I made all the settings correctly. I did not check the functionality of the Heater when I did PDI check.
    Can anyone help me with this?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sad to head this susheel.

It could be the thermostat not working, or knob is rotating properly. You have to take service center help. Keep us updated.
  3. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Friends,

I was wrong. When I tried to start the Heater when my car 's engine was off and it did not work, but when I checked the heater while driving the car the Heater was working. I was very happy. I got the delivery of my car in perfect condition. Can anyone tell me whether to make the Heater work do we need to switch on the Engine. Might be the Heater requires more current which can be provided by the car dynamo.
  4. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    Congrats on the new Punto yen susheel.
    For heater to work the compressor should work. And for the compressor to work the engine should be switched on.Hope this clears your doubt.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  5. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations Susheel for the OB Punto.
    Wish the car serve you well and for a long time and absolutely niggle free.
    Enjoy your car and drive safe.
  6. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Friends,

I have just completed 700 kilo meters on the Odometer and my car delivered 17km/litre when I went to Mysore. But in the city driving it is giving only 12km/litre in the Bangalore city with AC sometimes on. I drive very carefully without revving the engine and unnecessary braking. Does the mileage going to improve after 1st service or is it too early to arrive to any conclusions. Please advise.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Susheel,
    Mysore road is one horrible road due to traffic and lots of humps which def will lower the FE due to higher gear shifts. The service shall not increase the FE by leaps and bounds for sure.
    Do take your car on a good highway where the traffic and humps are low or perhaps you can test on Nice Road. Again please do not expect FE to increase like 20 or so. Engine needs to set properly yet.
  8. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations Susheel for the new Punto.
  9. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Susheel, you willl probably get a mileage upto 21km/l or higher on your new punto if you manage to drive at speed ~75-80km/hr even with AC on in a consistent stretch of at least 70% of total journey. My punto multijet is also just 3 months old. Mileage will drop if we go beyond 65km/hr in 5th gear. Even if we drive at 80-90km/h consistently it will provide a mileage of 20km/l even on cars not even crossed 1000kms!

Upgrading tyres from 165 to 195 may degrade mileage; haha.. and that is even less than 0.5km/l

Try to switch engine off at traffic red signals if it will take more than 2 minutes to go green. Idling will impact average fuel consumption!

My friend has punto multijet shod with 205mm tyres (crossed 40K kms) gets simply 25km/l even if he travels at 95-100km/hr!

Multijet is awesome. Concentrate to maintain speed consistently. Enjoy driving. I see 2012 and above punto's drive-ability is better than Swift's

Cheers
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The mileage you got on the Mysore trip is fine. That route has so many humps which ensures accelaration and braking cycle multiple times which will affect the mileage quite a bit. The 12 kmpl in Bangalore bumper to bumper traffic with AC is fine considering the crappy traffic situations off late :banghead:

Yes, the mileage does improve as the car's odo starts climbing. Do note having a clean air filter does help the engine perform optimally.
    prabhjot likes this.