1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally I am puntoed today !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by yen_susheel, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  2. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Dear Friends,

Today I covered 615 kms in my Punto from Bangalore to Hyderabad. I noticed that at 120 kmph speed the steering is wobbling. I have done recently wheel alignment for my car from outside alignment center. Is this problem due to wheel alignment or due to the steering problem which started after 2nd free service. I suspect something was fiddled at the service center at Vecto? Please advise.
  3. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is the vibration consistent or discrete.
    How was the WB done.Most WB guys keep adding weights until they achieve the balance.Ideally this can be achieved by adding & removing, lesser weights with precision.
    Hold the Steering loose and run on ditches it should move freely & try to center by itself.This is normal.
    Check if the steering is throwing/turning only to one side when driving through ditches or undulated road.
    If yes, it could be an issue with suspension or steering rack.Get it checked ASAP.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  4. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Dear Friends,
    Recently my cars Wiper arms along with pads have been replaced, however after this whenever there is rain there will be sound when wipers are engaged as if they are rubbing to the wind shield, I mean they used to be smooth before they were replaced. Any adjustments need to be made or they require replacement. Vecto motors changed them. Please advise.
  5. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Hello All,

My Punto clocked 20k kms and I am very much satisfied with its performance and fuel economy.
    Of late I am experiencing vibrations of steering wheel, seats (cabin) when the Engine is started. Vibrations will increase and it sounds when AC is switched on. Does Engine mounts require replacement or something else not sure. , experts please advise.