1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally I am puntoed today !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by yen_susheel, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @yen_susheel : IMO i dont prefer washing engine bay with water. Especially with power wash. in fact Volkswagen suggests not to wash engine bay with water. But if you still prefer to wash these are the few points to be taken care of:
    1. The best time to detail your engine is in the morning when it has been sitting all night. If you throw cold water on a hot engine then you run a much higher risk of causing damage.
    2. Before you begin detailing, cover the battery, any exposed filters, and the engine's air intake.
    3. always use a gentle stream of water. avoid the power wash
    4. there are many engine degreaser available , take a look at them.
    Pradeepms and PradeepM like this.
  2. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Deepak for your suggestions. Also I observe that water comes out of AC vents when the Fan speed is set to 4 (MAx) is there any issue with A/C?
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    you need to
    1) Check the ac drains. it might have clogged
    2) drive with recirculate mode off. this mode should only be used for short periods of time as it generates a lot of humidity.
  4. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Plus, dont forget to protect the ECM box with plastic wrap. Prevention is always better !
  5. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I travelled to Hyderabad from Bangalore couple of days back. 600 kms covered. When I reached around 530Kms suddenly I observed power loss and felt most of the time when I reached the Hyderabad city. Average fuel consumption was 20.5 throughout the trip which is normal. This is the first time I faced this kind of issue. My ODO clocks 14200 kms and 2nd free service is due which I will get it done when I reach Bangalore. What can be the reason for this power loss? Also now the power is normal in my car and will observe for the same in my return trip to Bangalore.
  6. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Power loss could be due to
    1. Bad fuel
    2. Loose turbo hose
    3. Clogging in EGR valve.
    As there is no issue now i suggest to wait and watch.
  7. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi All,

2nd Free service done for my Punto today at Vecto Motors Hosur Road . Total expenditure came to Rs 6950/- I have attached invoice. Did not notice any difference in performance, I was not happy with the Engine Oil level which was below the maximum mark. It was told by the Service Manager that it is normal to have the Oil level below the MAX mark. I will upload the photo of my Engine dip stick tomorrow. I was charged for 3.2 litre of oil. Experts please advice whether if we fill engine with 3.2 litre of oil will the oil come upto Max mark on the dip stick or will it be between Max and Min.

Attached Files:

8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IMO should come to max. When I got my oil changed at 5k km I was standing there while he filled the oil, ensure that the measurement jug had the correct quantity of oil :)

How did you get a hold of the PDF format of the original invoice. I shall try for the same for my upcoming 2nd Free service. A few questions I have .

1. Whats the Plug and Cleaner for ?
    2. Is it compulsory to get the WindShield shampoo ? I would not want to pay 90.00 for this as I already have a solution that i use.
    3. Also for warranty purpose is it required to do WA and WB ?

Nice to see that they have made a note as to when the Brake pads will need to be changed. Consumables is really high. Here in DRS Gurgaon its just 30.00
  9. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Vecto Motors will email soft copy to the customers, probably all the Fiat Service centers shud follow this.
    It shud be oil drain plug I believe and not sure what has been charged for cleaning. Yes for warranty purpose we need to do WA and WB, but I doubt whether can this be charged. I asked Service Manager that WA and WB shud be done as part of free service but he said that it will be charged and showed the same in the User manual.

Yes it is really good to see the recommendation about the condition of Brake pad.
  10. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Dear Friends,

After 2nd service I noticed issue with steering, the steering used to be very smooth when it was turned before I gave my car for service, but after the 2nd service the steering is not moving freely I feel that the steering moving in jerks when it is turned, also in ditches and pot holes and on unusual surfaces the steering will move by itself and this was not before the service. I had the steering and wheel alignment done from outside but the issue remains the same. Can anyone suggest what might be wrong.