1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally I am puntoed today !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by yen_susheel, Jul 27, 2014.

1. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Hello All,

I am writing after long time, My Punto is going to cover 15k km shortly and I am planning to give it for service. Overall performance is good with my car only what I am concerned is about unnecessary change of Brake pads. Braking is good and do not want to change them unnecessarily because they need to be changed annually as per Fiat. Is it recommended? experts please advice and also please give me some precautions which needed to be followed when the vehicle is given to service.
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Life of brake pads is totally dependant upon the driving style.Do some execise by checking the brake pads and amount of life left in it. 15000Kms is too early for a change eventhough if the car have been driven mostly in city,atleast you should get 20000Kms.if its mix of City and highway driving then upto maximum of 40000Kms should be the life.
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  3. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Was this told to you by the service adviser? I think the service coupon says to check the condition of brake pads and change if necessary. That is just a guideline. There is absolutely no need to change it on an annual basis. It's more important to check the condition of brake pads for wear & tear. If you can post a pic of your pads here, I'm sure people can help you out (assuming you have alloys).
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    No I was not told by the service center guys, I am assuming it. Also I do not have alloy wheels to take the pics of the break pads.
  5. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Dear Friends,

Today I had issue with my Punto. I tried to start my Punto but it did not start as Battery was flat. I requested RSA from Fiat and within an hour service tech arrived with spare battery and my car was jump started and all ended well. I did not use my car for the past 5 days and the Battery became flat. Is this the case with all the Punto cars? Experts please advise. How many days we can leave our car without using and also Battery not going flat?

One thing I appreciate is Fiats Road side assistance, which is very prompt.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @yen_susheel

I think you mean 'low' rather than 'flat'? Not unusual if you haven't driven it in 5 days, esp if the last few drives were short. Not to worry.

cheers
  7. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    I got my car Battery checked at local garage after RSA visited my house, it was found that water level was low, immediately got it top up, will observe once more as the technician advised me that if this happens one more time then get the battery replaced under warranty.
    Yes the battery became low not flat Prabhat.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. santoshmandali

santoshmandali Amatore

Bengaluru, Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Even I feel at times after a long wait (5-7 days) the ignition takes few fraction of seconds more...
  9. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I see a new issue with my AC. Whenever I use my AC with Fan speed set to 4 (MAX), water is spilling from the AC Vents. Is this due to AC malfunction, experts please advise.
  10. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Members, need your suggestions on how to wash and clean engine bay area (under bonnet) and what precautions needed to be taken to avoid water entering into Engine and also not damaging any electrical/electronic components.

Please advise.