1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally I am puntoed today !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by yen_susheel, Jul 27, 2014.

1. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi All,

In the month of this January I have covered 2 trips to Hyderabad and my ODO clocked 9100 kms. I just enjoyed the drives. Engine of my Punto has opened up and now I am able to chase and beat almost all the vehicles.

I am planning to take my car for 2nd service at 10000 kms against the companys 15000 kms. Is it recommended? Anyone please advice.
  2. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It wouldn't make sense to do service at 10000 and then at 15000, unless all you want to do.is topup of fluids and air filter cleaning. Service at 15000 would be required to retain warranty IMO.

Best is DIY air filter cleaning and if you think oil level is low then do topup. I did oil and oil filter change at 5K km along with filter cleaning, it was worth it.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @yen_susheel. I do take my GP 90 HP to the service station every 5k kms. But it just for general check up where I get the following things done

-- All fluids top up if required
    -- Air and AC filter clean up
    -- Brakes check up( front tyres only as they wear out quite earlier than the rear brakes which are drum type)
    -- Read Brakes if I feel there isn't adequate performance
    -- Visual check up of underbody and suspension
    -- Electrical or mechanical problem if any
    -- Oil filter only if I see any fluctuations in mileage.
    -- Visual inspection of engine bay to detect if there any issues.
    -- Tyre alignment only( Balancing and rotation done every 10 K. I use the five tyre rotation system). Always outside FASS
    -- Car Wash(I skip FASS wash and go in for 3M wash)

I did change the engine oil after 5K just to make sure engine becomes smoother. Other than that I have decided to stick to comapany recommended service intervals and just general check up every 5k more as preventive maintainence. I usually take a a whole da when I go for check ups and in case of any issues arising I do as the service advisor says after verfying his claim to be correct. I keep all my service records to make my warrantly claims will be covered later in case of any issues.

I have done 16 K kms in 8 months now and around 11-12 K is on highways. Unless and until your place is very dusty or you tarvel in extreme climatic conditions or drive the car in bad roads or do soft offroading I beleive Fiats are generally very well built mechanically to develope nay problems. Secondly with a 5 K kms check up interval you have to be extremely unlucky if any thing major happens to your car.

But a lot of people do service much before the recommended mileage. Call is yours.
    PradeepM, prabhjot and punto_emotion like this.
  4. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Hello All,

I need a quick help in opening the cover of the AC pollen filter. By looking at the video on this forum, I was able to open the Glove Box cover but the cover of Pollen Filter is very hard, tried to pull it but no luck. Are there any clips for the cover which needs to be removed to access the pollen filter. Anyone please advise.
  5. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Dear Friends,

I need advice as today while parking my Punto due to my mistake while reversing hit a tree behind due to which a big dent has formed on the boot door. Can I claim insurance for this? Also can I give my car to Vecto motors Hosur Road or can I give it at local body shop and can still claim for Denting and painting.
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you have Zero Dep, dont think twice before going for Insurance claim. Else get an assessment done on the expense from FASS and compare how much would you be loosing in the No Claim Bonus. Please share pic of dent for better advise from experts.
  7. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks for the reply Kunwar, I have given the car at local body shop for dent removal and coloring and estimate is around 4k.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Considering 1st year any expense over approx 3K should have gone to FASS.
  9. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Dear Friends,

I am planning to upgrade the stock music system to new Music system, I have selected Pioneer single DIN MVH-X179UI Head Unit,
    but this comes with wired remote and not with wireless remote. Anyone suggest me whether wireless remote control can also be used with this particular Head Unit as I have Punto Active edition wired remote will not be suitable for me.
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    MVH-X179UI has only 1 pre-out. Go for atleast 2 preout for a few hundred more. I got the DEH-3790UI ( Aux-USB-CD-Color-2Pre-out). Also DEH series comes with wireless remote