1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Finally: How to use Blue & Me with an aftermarket headunit

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Shadowfax, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Hi all,

I was just browing some sites on internet and researching a bit on Blue and me.
    and found this link http://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/269101-how-use-blue-me-aftermarket-headunit.html

this looks like a non indian fiat forum

I have never seen the back of my head unit but i am sure other members must have seen it by now. can some one please have a look into this thread and let us know if this can be also achieved in Indian Puntos..

Thanks in advance
    Sreejesh Ramachandran
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I have few serious concerns

1. He is just looping the aux out to aux in, I could not understand how would it help other than just bring in the phone voice back to speaker when placed in aux in mode, before it reaches to blue and me.
    2. We have seen many of the the delphi brand HU's not supporting AUX In

If a HU can process the signals from steering mounted keys, than that should make it somewhat compatible with blue and me.
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Adding Images from the Same Post.

CC399-12_LR.jpg

edit.jpg

edit%202.jpg

edit%203.jpg

IMG_0365.JPG
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Please correct me if my understanding about this is wrong.
    However what i feel is that the HU and the B&M are two different devices all together and there is some kind of wired connectivity between them.
    Similarly some keys in the steering are connected to the Head unit and some ther may be connected directly to the B&M device (just a possibility)
  5. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I did see this thread quite some time back and still feel that this is possible. But one that detered me from trying this out is the following explanation:

The only problem I have is that my headunit doesn't switch to aux in when the phone rings but if you have your phone on your going to hear/feel it anyway then just swtich it to aux in but other headunit may automatically switch to it but I don't know which ones do.
  6. even if i had this option i would not switch to this.
    this will spoil the looks of the panel there.
    all the things in silver finish and ambe lights the stereo hu in a different thing all together. the panel ther will become ugly.
  7. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    why would one want to change the HU & go hunting to make BnM work? I know they OEM are not the best sounding device, but in my opinion its not bad either.

Also as mentioned above, the panel structure will look ugly and one of the selling point for me was all the glow these buttons and HU provided..

My friend was obsessed about his Wife's i20 & when he saw my GP & all the features, he was aww struck !!
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i had seen this long before and also experimented with it. it works only if your new HU as auto AUX in switching. my old pioneed has auto USB and i think AUTO aux in too, but new ones were without it.

So the concept is quite simple, as soon as ur Blue and me sends out signal to your new HU it should automatically switch to AUX in and play blue and me and when signal goes it shd switch back to what was playing.